Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Pearl White Sport, and to be honest i like the look and arrangement of the Speedo/Tach on the Pop and Lounge models, and the fact they are white faced instead of black, how hard would it be to swap? And would it cause any issues? Also if someone has an idea where i could get one or what they cost that would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'd think it would cause no problems however sourcing one I guess you'd only be lucky if you happened across one in salvage which is possible from having seen one of the members here purchase one or two already. I wouldn't think the Blue & Me or odometer/computer area would be an issue but someone would need to be certain before such a project.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Find a totaled Lounge, somewhere. The odometer might be a issue, unless the info, is stored in the cars CPU.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good luck, finding a used Fiat 500 Cluster now would be hard, but not impossible. Try contacting your local salvage yard and let them know what your looking for, they might be able to out source it or notify you when they get one.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to the service/parts manager at the dealer today, he said he was going to swap a sport and pop/lounge one around and make sure it wouldn't cause any issues and is plug and play and let me know.

·
Registered
433 Posts
1- rent car
2- swap guage cluster
3- ???
4- profit!

my friend did this with AC vents, for some reason mkIV jettas were blessed with much nicer vents than golfs, but the parts were interchangable.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i have a Pearl White Sport, and to be honest i like the look and arrangement of the Speedo/Tach on the Pop and Lounge models, and the fact they are white faced instead of black, how hard would it be to swap? And would it cause any issues? Also if someone has an idea where i could get one or what they cost that would be awesome.
I'm with you, I have the the sport, but white speedo background is much nicer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It should just be a simple straight forward swap. You would just swap out the outer ring if it is in fact a separate overlay inside the cluster. I havent dismantled a 500 cluster yet so I cant say but going by what I know on other cars it should be easily doable.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Agreed, I also like the white gauge cluster better. I asked the local dealer about it, and they found the whole cluster for about $350 or something, but there have to be plain old inserts or something. I found white gauge face inserts for my '05 Golf for under $100.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure i want to go about disassembling a cluster so i may just one from a salvaged Pop or see how much the dealer can get one. I know the latter option will be pricey but i don't want to have any issues with it down the road. I was thinking of looking for Pop over Lounge cause if im correct don't the Lounge only come in Automatic? I would need a manual one for my Sport so Pop would be a better option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Find a totaled Lounge, somewhere. The odometer might be a issue, unless the info, is stored in the cars CPU.
The odometer info is stored in the cluster, they replaced mine and I remember they had it for a while because they odometer had to be exact, so the car couldn't move...

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah was it Holt Fiat? they told me about you. Ive already tried swapping with Rev. Scorpion and it caused both our Odometers to flash. Our mileage was about 300 miles off from each other. We got worried it would cause issues so we swapped back, i guess i just need to order one with my mileage and put it in. I was talking to the dealer and they said i should just order it with like 50-100 extra miles that way i can still drive the car a bit.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
great thanks! I'm going to have a few interior pieces done in carbon fiber Hydrogtaphics. It's pretty in expensive and looks pretty cool.

Imagine the shroud, center heat control plate, door cubbies, mirror covers in carbon fiber.

They make like 5 different designs I'm debating to go with classic carbon look or they have one that's has a lot of silver which match the Argento or (Chrysler common PS2 as I've learned :()

Sent from my Argento 500

1 - 15 of 15 Posts