Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of adding some color to my grigio interior....replacement dashes are pretty reasonably priced, thinking of dropping the Russo dash in, throwing an aftermarket red/gray gear shift knob and the BLACK carpet mats with the red highlights...anybody else swap dash colors?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It is pretty easy. I swapped out the matte gray Prima Edizione dash for a body colored red dash. Best "mod" I ever made.

Here is how it is done:
First you need to pry off the bezel around the AC controls. The flat part that surrounds them. Underneath that you will find two 25 torx screws. Then open the glove box, inside there you will find under the air vent another 25 torx screw. Remove the three screws and simply and gently pry the cover off. The display for the radio has some wires and screws that must be addressed, and the buttons ("sport," etc)must be detached, but no big deal. That takes care of the right side. The left just needs to be gently pryed off. There are clips only on that side.
Use a soft pry tool made out of plastic so that you don't scratch anything.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
haven't checked the price of a couple new dash pieces, but it might be cheaper to get them wrapped instead of replacing them. seems easy enough to R&R, so now I just wonder how much to get a wrap job done?

how about a wrap with a carbon fiber or woodgrain finish? woodgrain would keep with the 'retro' theme. if I went with the woodgrain, I think I would pick up a matching woodgrain "Pistol Grip" shifter too! :D

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I was originally looking at a proper carbon fiber dash, but wanted color....a wrap would open up the color scheme a lot...
I won't say it is the best idea and I won't say you would even want to do it but have you looked at 3M Di-Noc by chance?

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

May be of interest and if you wanted to do a CF style this might open some other options, last a long time and looks good stands up well...just a thought.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
sjmst. interested in selling your original dash panels?
Hi there. Probably not. If I ever sell I'd need them to bring the Prima back to "correct"

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm interested in changing the color of my dash panels. My Grigio Sport needs some flair! My plans include adding red stiched leather to the interior so I'd like to change the dash to a deep and dark blood red. I'm debating on what my best option would be - either vinyl wrapping or rattle can. I don't have any experience with wrapping so I'm a bit timid about that route!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I'm interested in changing the color of my dash panels. My Grigio Sport needs some flair! My plans include adding red stiched leather to the interior so I'd like to change the dash to a deep and dark blood red. I'm debating on what my best option would be - either vinyl wrapping or rattle can. I don't have any experience with wrapping so I'm a bit timid about that route!
Anger the other half enough when you film your exhaust clips and you might end up with the real deal "blood red" interior...hehe, maybe you can check into hydro-graphic printing in your area or on-line.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Anger the other half enough when you film your exhaust clips and you might end up with the real deal "blood red" interior...hehe, maybe you can check into hydro-graphic printing in your area or on-line.
LOL! True true.... Hydro-graphic printing? Not something I'm familiar with. Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Indeed it is, apparently it is very durable as well. I have yet to see anyone not find it amazing or cool, the video makes it much nicer than reading about it or describing it.
Seeing is believing! I'll be checking in to this. It's a shame you're so far south dude - there's a great import car show coming up in May in Carlisle, PA. It's the kind of place great ideas are swapped and equally shown off!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Seeing is believing! I'll be checking in to this. It's a shame you're so far south dude - there's a great import car show coming up in May in Carlisle, PA. It's the kind of place great ideas are swapped and equally shown off!
That drive would certainly be a challenge beyond my ability to undertake, look forward to what you find out and chose to do regardless of which direction you take. :) They have a regular meet of cars (not organized by any group that I know of)at a drive thru in town the last Sat. of every month, thinking about going there with the 500, figure no one else will have one there. Depends on weather and if I remember when than one day a month comes along.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts