Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just took delivery of my new 500 Sport on Tuesday and already changed headlights to HID and also changed factory fog-lights to 8000K halogens. Since I didn't see a thread here on how to do, thought I would give a quick guide which is easy and takes approx 5 to 10 minutes. To access the fog-lights you just need to remove the three silver Phillips screws just inside the front wheel well with a Phillips screwdriver. Just turn your wheels to gain easier access. Once removed you can pull the plastic wheel well towards you to gain access to the fog-light housing. Just release the wiring clip and turn the bulb a quarter turn to the left to release and pull out. You might need a flashlight to see in case you're in a garage or area with minimal light. To install the new bulb, insert in the housing, turn a quarter turn to the right, snap the wiring clip back on and fasten the three silver screws back on and you're done! No need to remove the bumper or bottom cover underneath. The new upgraded lights give a nice balance to those with the HID headlights.

Reactions: DjChexxx

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
DRL swap I think we have in the DIY area, not sure on the fogs though, welcome to the forums. I may chat with the person that posted the DRL guide and see if he has plans to add it, since he has been adding different light related tutorials lately and stated he has plans for more with time, if he doesn't I may move your over to that area. Question though, you stated there are hex screws but you instructed to use a Philips screwdriver for them, mis-typed perhaps? Thanks for the helpful first post, hope you stick around enjoy the forums and continue to make useful posts! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, thanks for catching the mis-type on that regarding the screws. Yes, they are Phillips screws and not hex.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I used 8000K Platinum Power "Blue Tina" purchased from FiatMadness.com. Price was $39.99. I'll have to take some pics and post to show what they look like. Check out their website (www.fiatmadness.com) if you haven't already. Great products for the 500

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I used 8000K Platinum Power "Blue Tina" purchased from FiatMadness.com. Price was $39.99. I'll have to take some pics and post to show what they look like. Check out their website (www.fiatmadness.com) if you haven't already. Great products for the 500
The www. isn't going to work, doesn't for me. without it though works fine and it points to 500madness.com, they are members here on the forum and a good group/people.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Yup its already been covered in my How To, the first post on page 5 http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/...42-2012-light-replacement-options-pics-5.html. I have covered all removable bulbs except the side fender turn signals (already taken the pictures just haven't uploaded them) and the headlights (coming soon). The only ones im not covering are the 3rd Brake light and the rear license plate light cause there both LEDs and don't have removable bulbs. But either way welcome to the forum. And we look forward to seeing pictures of your lights.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here's a good H11 bulb: http://store.candlepower.com/h-11.html

Don't waste your time with blue-tinted nonsense; you pay more for less light. 8000K bulbs are toys, not lights.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/bad/bad.html

I'm looking for some good yellow h11's for the fog lites as well
Don't bother; there aren't any.
But if you take apart the housing, you could always tint the inside of the foglight bulb to selective yellow and acheive even better results.
There's a method for it in this article; I did it once myself and it worked great. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/light_color/light_color.html

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've got PIAA yellows (H11) in my Acura, and they're both deep yellow and bright. The same bulbs obviously fit in our Fiats, even my 500e, so I've started looking for deals. Living coastal, I like the yellow in the fog both for my vision and to ensure visibility to other drivers.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I use Nokya Hyper Yellows (2,500K) in my foglights. They work very well in inclement weather and don't cost an arm and a leg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts