Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang -

I was having some issues getting my contacts copied over from my Blackberry Bold to Blue and Me. Here is how I fixed it. I pressed the VR button on the steering wheel and said 'settings', then I said 'update contacts', then when it was ready to transfer the contacts I then went into my blackberrry bold phone and right clicked on the 'Blue and Me' paired link and selected 'Transfer contacts'..
This pushed all of my contacts to Blue and Me.

Basically it comes down to this: some phones play nice and will let Blue and Me do a pull of the contacts. Other phones may not play nice and you will have to do a push [transfer] of the contacts. But do not try to do a push from your phone UNTIL Blue and Me is ready to recieve it. So in summary: first you say 'update contacts' then at the same time you have your phone 'transfer contacts'.

Hope this helps out my Fiat 500 peeps. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Gang -

I was having some issues getting my contacts copied over from my Blackberry Bold to Blue and Me. Here is how I fixed it. I pressed the VR button on the steering wheel and said 'settings', then I said 'update contacts', then when it was ready to transfer the contacts I then went into my blackberrry bold phone and right clicked on the 'Blue and Me' paired link and selected 'Transfer contacts'..
This pushed all of my contacts to Blue and Me.

Basically it comes down to this: some phones play nice and will let Blue and Me do a pull of the contacts. Other phones may not play nice and you will have to do a push [transfer] of the contacts. But do not try to do a push from your phone UNTIL Blue and Me is ready to recieve it. So in summary: first you say 'update contacts' then at the same time you have your phone 'transfer contacts'.

Hope this helps out my Fiat 500 peeps. :D
Do you have to do this every time you get in the car?

My sales guy paired my bb, and it worked great the first couple days. Then yesterday, no contacts at all when I try to make a call. I tried re-pairing and it worked for that trip, but next time I got in the car, same thing - no contacts. Any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's a BB issue (I work for Verizon). RIM doesn't play well with near as many cars as android or iphone. I' have 2 customers that constantly have to re-pair their phones to their cars. Of course, they're both BB phones.

Side note- Mercedes don't play well with anything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a BB issue (I work for Verizon). RIM doesn't play well with near as many cars as android or iphone. I' have 2 customers that constantly have to re-pair their phones to their cars. Of course, they're both BB phones.

Side note- Mercedes don't play well with anything.
I heard somewhere Blackberry is filing for bankrupcy. Time is now to switch!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Blackberry Curve and it paired with my Sport but approximately 60 days later, I keep getting an error message on the Blackberry that the pairing has failed even though the bluetooth light flashes on my Blackberry. I have tried 4 or 5 times to pair the phone but it always says failed. Anybody have a cure ?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Has anyone tried to sync more than one phone? I have two, wife has one.. Tried to do my Android and then my Blackberry and it wouldnt work..
Anyone have suggestions?
I have a Bold and my wife has a Galaxy S. No problems with both of them paired and contacts imported.
What happens is that whenever both of us are in the car, it defaults to the previous phone. So if I was driving alone, then the car would pair to my BB, and then if I picked her up when Id turn the car back on it would still connect to my BB even though her phone is also in the car. It will stay on my phone until she drives the car by herself.
But haven't had any problems with pairing my BB.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have no useful advice. But, that is what would happen to me in the Mitsubishi. The phone would show that it's paired, but it wouldn't be. The only thing I could do was to forget the pair in my phone and do it all over. It kind of happened randomly. A few times, I went weeks without using the Bluetooth because I was too lazy to pair it up again. I feel your pain.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts