Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's time to start organizing a Deal's Gap meet? What do you all think? We could start our own 500owners.com tradition with other members or we could join the Fiat Freakout and see some great vintage machinery:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

·
Registered
58 Posts
as a past smart car owner :)o), I know of a group that would run the dragon each year. I think this year they're running in Sept. anyway, always wanted to go.....just never wanted to travel that far in THAT car.:p

anyway, running the dragon would be really cool in a 500. depending on dates, I'M DOWN TOO! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
As long as we have a minimum one months notice, I am SO in for Deals Gap. I have done the run on two wheels, but would love to head back there with the 500. It would be nice to make it an event, as it is always welcome to meet your forum buddies in the flesh...

·
Registered
475 Posts
We ran Wolfpen Gap Road (section of GA-180 between GA-60 and US-129), Blood Mountain, 19, & 60 last weekend. Using the manu-matic mode, it was a blast. The Dragon would be almost as good.
I say "almost" because the Dragon isn't what it used to be. Too many vehicles, especially Harleys, too many idiots.
Lots of crashes, lots of slow drivers (that would be us, btw).
But we should still do it.

Contact Fontanna Lodge and find an open weekend. Mention the Dragon Slayer's Club for a discount.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have been wanting to go with a diff car which is RWD and I think it would be a blast, seems the 500 might be a little less fun being FWD but I do think I'd enjoy this so I hope it gets arranged!
I've slain the Dragon on 9 motorcycles and three MINI Cooper Ss. The MINIs were much faster.
FWD won't slow you down if the car is dialed-in well. The engine on this car will...
But it will still be fun. Late apex, throttle/brake modulation to induce oversteer, momentum driving, and stay in your lane.

Tapoco Lodge is pretty nice too. Not nearly as spacious as Fontana though.

Blue Waters Lodge in Robbinsville is the nicest spot to stay up around there though.
http://www.bluewatersmtnl.com/

And we've also stayed at the Crossroads of Time itself (the little motel attached to the gas station at Deal's Gap).
http://www.dealsgap.com/motel.htm

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks Hilldweller, I just miss the fun factor and power my Miata offered, also being a manual and RWD it is a major change besides the overall car size being similar, worlds apart.
All the small cars are fun there. Miatas, Minis, Evos, WRXs, Lotus, S2000 --- all rule.
I had a Mustang GT slide off the road trying to keep up with me. Motorcylces pull over for me.
We'll have fun; don't worry.

BTW, this is a photo of my buddy and his daughter on their way down 129 to meet up with us to go camping.
Talk about a slow pace car...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Not your typical slalom runner is it?
14,000 pounds of offroad mahem at his disposal.
We're going up his way this weekend and might just run through Deal's Gap to get on Killboy's website with our new trailer. Not sure if we'll have the time but look for this to tie up traffic:

I'm faster than the Mog anyhow, even with the trailer. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts