Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the 500e for tall drivers? I sat in one and I fit (just), but wanted to see how tall folks felt after owning their car for awhile.

I'm looking at a 2017 and I'm 6' 7"

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 6'1, but my height seems to be more so in my torso than my legs. I've been driving a 2017 500e since November and I find it to be extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,466 Posts
Every model year 500e is the same, prior to 2021. The sunroof option should have less headroom.

My friend's 6'2 husband was always borrowing her 500e, but that's still 5" less. It may depend on how much you like to recline the seat with the lever strangely located on the INNER side of the seat (maybe they were trying to match the window switch positions).

Also note that there's a seat height "pump-action" lever below the driver's left knee, so make sure it's pumped all the way down.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not nearly as tall as you but head space is annoying to me. I get the most comfortable sit and view with the seat jacked up high to where my hair just barely scrapes the headliner. Not sure of the exact adjustment, but its probably 3" vertically so you can tweak it a bit. Definitely a small car made smaller by the sun roof.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! I fit if I lower the seat and tilt back a bit. But I have 38" sleeves, so that helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 6'4" and use a 500 Abarth as a daily driver. I find it much more comfortable than the Prius my wife drives. The only issue I had was finding the balance between my need to lean the seat back and my arms being in the most comfortable position. I ended up sliding my seat forward more than what is optimal. I have driven 30 hour stretches across country with no discomfort.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,466 Posts
I'm pretty sure Abarth has more headroom than 500e, due to a higher floor to make space for the battery.

EDIT: Nope! Smark corrects me below, I double-checked, & he's right. It's the REAR headroom that's different.

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
My ICE, factory sunroof 500, has little head room for taller people. A least the drivers side you can lower the seat Position.

The passenger side, has a Bose subwoofer under it. Can’t be lowered at all. Even a person, 5’9” hits there head.

since the battery’s on the E effect only the back seat floor. The front passengers would have the same head room, as a ICE 500.

If your, 6' 7". I’m not sure the 500, is the vehicle for you. ICE version, or EV. You need to just sit in one, and make your own call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts