Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start off, hi! My name is Taylor. I believe i was a member here a while ago when i first got the car but have no access to my old email.

As far as the car goes, its a 2012 fiat 500 pop that i got with 22k miles and ive never stopped working on it. I got it in july of 2016.

Ended up modding heavily, from exterior stuff to suspension and go pedal. Went with the vmaxx coilovers which i could write a whole bad review about, but thats beside the point 

Finally got some nice wheels around november to match the drop id been sitting on for a while. 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15. Really aggressive rear fitment with 205/40r16s.
*And this one for the lolz

And finally, my recent project, the bags. To bag the fiat 500, i ended up with the megan coilovers to replace the extremely sloppy and loose vmaxx coilovers.

The fronts are effectively thread on plates that thread onto the megan racing shock body, using the UAS "double play" bag. Extends to 11" or so and compresses to just over 3".

The rears are quite unique. The bags are i believe UAS type 2 or type 1, its extends to about 8" and compresses to be next to flat 

And as far as rear shocks go, i have modified shocks from a 1967 vw beetle set up to fit, they compress down to maybe 6.5" and allow for extreme lows in the rear. Obviously ground off the top spring perch where the bump stop sits and have brackets that are welded to fit in the spring cup and on the car body up top

Airlift performance 3p management system with a twin compressor setup and 2.5 gallon tank.

Rides incredible, way better than the vmaxx. The bag and shock match so well i feel like i could track the car. Added a 6mm spacer in the front on each side as well to fill out the fenders as much as possible
Rough mock up of the bags in the front

*front fitment

Rear fitment

And the complete trunk setup

And just a few days ago, my buddy and fellow fiat enthusiast (also abarth owner) got together to shoot a nice little video edit of my car which is now on his youtube for all to enjoy!

https://youtu.be/z7PDjgSAWtw

Open to questions, concerns, comments, and all around conversation! This was all completed about a week and a half ago, so its all very new to me. Also very proud of doing it all myself!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
10/10 for stance
Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
734 Posts
Still less fender gap than a factory 500e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not my style nor it seems Tedolph but I love the engineering. Do the compressors and tank make much noise in the back area? Clean setup back there.
Don't mind Tedolph. He's messing with you! We accept all kinds here!

Reactions: Tedolph

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theyre slightly noisy. They have the vibration isolating plates, and the board they sit on are drilled thru the body with 2" pieces of wood with rubber feet at 5 points. Cant hear it outside the car, but thats why i got two compressors so it will fill up the tank faster and have overall less run time

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If i fill the bags all the way up, the tank goes from its standard 150 to around 134, and the pumps run for about 5 or 6 seconds to fill it back to 150

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Few more from the video shoot

I ended up having to cut my exhaust about halfway back, before the gas tank. The exhaust got within 1/4" of the driver side bag in the rear. I have to get another one routed back, over the axle, towards the center of the car then back to the driver side bumper exit.

I had a straight pipe before, but am looking to potentially tone it down a little bit. Thinking about running a canister muffler, mainly to quiet it down and give it some more booty stance since il have to angle it slightly outward from the center of the car. Anyone have any experience on what kind of canister mufflers sound good on the non turbo models?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Need to make a lip decision, and my two options couldnt be further in price range.

The 2013 pop front air dam, $60

And the dtm fiberwerkz front lip, $395 unpainted. This is the cheapest fitting lip for the pop model and i think its absurd

Why are parts so expensive?!?!?

·
Registered
26 Posts
To start off, hi! My name is Taylor. I believe i was a member here a while ago when i first got the car but have no access to my old email.

As far as the car goes, its a 2012 fiat 500 pop that i got with 22k miles and ive never stopped working on it. I got it in july of 2016.

Ended up modding heavily, from exterior stuff to suspension and go pedal. Went with the vmaxx coilovers which i could write a whole bad review about, but thats beside the point 

Finally got some nice wheels around november to match the drop id been sitting on for a while. 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15. Really aggressive rear fitment with 205/40r16s.
*And this one for the lolz

And finally, my recent project, the bags. To bag the fiat 500, i ended up with the megan coilovers to replace the extremely sloppy and loose vmaxx coilovers.

The fronts are effectively thread on plates that thread onto the megan racing shock body, using the UAS "double play" bag. Extends to 11" or so and compresses to just over 3".

The rears are quite unique. The bags are i believe UAS type 2 or type 1, its extends to about 8" and compresses to be next to flat 

And as far as rear shocks go, i have modified shocks from a 1967 vw beetle set up to fit, they compress down to maybe 6.5" and allow for extreme lows in the rear. Obviously ground off the top spring perch where the bump stop sits and have brackets that are welded to fit in the spring cup and on the car body up top

Airlift performance 3p management system with a twin compressor setup and 2.5 gallon tank.

Rides incredible, way better than the vmaxx. The bag and shock match so well i feel like i could track the car. Added a 6mm spacer in the front on each side as well to fill out the fenders as much as possible
Rough mock up of the bags in the front

*front fitment

Rear fitment

And the complete trunk setup

And just a few days ago, my buddy and fellow fiat enthusiast (also abarth owner) got together to shoot a nice little video edit of my car which is now on his youtube for all to enjoy!

https://youtu.be/z7PDjgSAWtw

Open to questions, concerns, comments, and all around conversation! This was all completed about a week and a half ago, so its all very new to me. Also very proud of doing it all myself!!!
Sweet! I have the same model year, I swapped out the stock steering wheel for a Sport, I like the feel more...

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Honestly, I don't get the whole "lowered" thing when it comes to the 500.

But, I did see a movie called "Machette" where a low rider reared up and smashed a border patrol agent!

I think what's her name was in that movie.

Nice set.

tEdolph

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you using the Rally Armor flaps? if so are they the universal ones or fiat specific ones? The car looks amazing. love that you did this to a pop. also where did you get the spoiler? it looks like its from a 500e? was it easy to install? Id love to come see the car in person if youre in SoCal area or near.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts