Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I really hope for the sake of my wallet that this isn't going to turn into a legit build thread, but rather will remain the place where I post pics of my 500e as I every so slightly modify it over the next couple years.

On the short list are suspension, wheels, some subtle exterior mods, and some all weather floor mats. So far I ordered the floor mats. So I've got that going for me.

On the "you've gone too far, turn back!" list are window tint, sway bars, brakes, hid lighting, and whatever other cool stuff I find here.

Last but not least... Pics!
The day I bought it.

First rollers. Awww.

In its new home.

First day I drove it to work. My coworkers are the best. -_-

My ex-wifes car, for scale.

Best mpge so far!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I love it when Brown Santa arrives!

·
Registered
27 Posts
whoa nice.. what wheels/tires are those?
I am thinking of getting what I think are the same wheels. If you have time, can you take a pic of the wheels in profile? (Im curious how much the spokes stick out)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whoa nice.. what wheels/tires are those?
I am thinking of getting what I think are the same wheels. If you have time, can you take a pic of the wheels in profile? (Im curious how much the spokes stick out)
Thanks!

Wheels are OZ Alleggerita in 17x7 et35
Tires are General G-Max AS-03 in 205/40/17

Actually, the only reason I went with such a relatively wide tire is so that the spokes would be protected...so they don't stick out at all. Clearance is maybe 5mm or so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, I haven't chosen a suspension option yet but I couldn't wait any longer, so against the advice of my inner enthusiast I installed the wheels. Hard to get over that fender gap but at least I won't be spinning the tires every. ****. Time. I take off from a light in the rain. The old (probably original) tires are almost to the wear bars in the front. Not super fun during the morning commute.
Before:

After:

They fit well and clear the front calipers by over an inch. Offset could be maybe 10mm less or the wheels could be a full inch wider. There's a solid half inch clearance on the inside between the tire and upright.

Overall, especially with the weight savings over stock, I'm calling it a win. :) Party on.

Rear fit:

Front fit:

I'll take better pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Theres a guy in the classifieds right now selling this 500e pieced together lowering kit, appears to be pretty decent. A slight drop will set tgose wheels out so much

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theres a guy in the classifieds right now selling this 500e pieced together lowering kit, appears to be pretty decent. A slight drop will set tgose wheels out so much
You know, I keep almost buying lowering stuff and then I sail over a speed bump at a non-lowered car speed and it sets me back to zero. One of these days...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Once lowered, you'll develop a 6th sense for things like speed bumps, and will slow accordingly.

I can't even imagine the carnage of hitting one at speed, but I've never done it in any lowered car I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once lowered, you'll develop a 6th sense for things like speed bumps, and will slow accordingly.

I can't even imagine the carnage of hitting one at speed, but I've never done it in any lowered car I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm very used to lowered car rules. My other car is low enough to warrant diagonal speed bump crossings as a rule (the black one pictured below). I just don't have to do that in the Fiat and it's really nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I finally installed my Madness spring kit and I'm happy to report that I still am not scraping over speed bumps. The ride is noticeably more firm than it was, but it still feels within the normal range.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, got a twin bianco perla 500e here!

Can you give me some feedback on the 500Madness springs? Mine are in the mail and can’t wait for them to get here and getting them installed!

Are you using stock shocks?

Day I bought it!

So far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts