Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test driving a 500 Sport and 500c tomorrow at Daytona Auto Mall tomorrow. Driving over from Gainesville in the morning. Going to test both the auto and standard transmissions. Hoping to go home with a 500c standard in espresso...
Excited to get in a Fiat.
Even more excited to cold air intake and exhaust....
Any hints, tips or suggestions for the test drive?

Kyle

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Make sure you test Sport mode. I forgot the first 4 times I did my my road tests. Test the auto in manual mode. Take the cars on the highway so you get a feel for the wind noise, top up and down. Remember to activate the wind deflector screen when the roof is open. It's just above the interior lights on the outside. I didn't know I had one until a month after I had the car. Big difference with it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great ideas. I was planning on the run up the interstate top up, then the cruse down A1A by the beach top down then the blast back up the interstate with top down. I will make sure I flip the wind deflector. I had forgotten they have a manual one.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Great ideas. I was planning on the run up the interstate top up, then the cruse down A1A by the beach top down then the blast back up the interstate with top down. I will make sure I flip the wind deflector. I had forgotten they have a manual one.
Once you remove the lock on the deflector, the roof closes it for you automatically so you never have to touch it again. Don't get the purpose of the manual lock. The car is a blast. I wanted a Sport and my wife wanted the red leather seats so I told her if she wants the Lounges features, it has to be a drop top. She wasn't a fan of it, but she's coming home everyday with it retracted now, lol.

Reactions: kylemason

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the purpose of the manual lock. When you are in fully oopen mode, you lock the deflector down to reduce the wind noise. Makes a huge difference!
I am the proud new owner of an Espresso 500c with the brown and ivory interior. Will post pictures tomorrow.....

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I know the purpose of the manual lock. When you are in fully oopen mode, you lock the deflector down to reduce the wind noise. Makes a huge difference! I am the proud new owner of an Espresso 500c with the brown and ivory interior. Will post pictures tomorrow..... Kyle
Congrats! Enjoy the forum. Checkout the threads on the Road Race Motorsports intake and ecu tuner, also exhaust if it suits your tastes. Many options lay before you and only time and money are your obstacles, look forward to seeing which direction you go with your mods. :cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Fiat 500 Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Motor vehicle
Loving It!!

Had 2 people comment on the way home....
"Classy color and what a cute car!"

Kyle

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Kyle, congrats on the 500. Who was your salesman? I bought my Sport from Ryan at Daytona. I have recommended him to a few people. My buying experience was very good over all and got a good deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Kyle. I test drove a 500 at Fiat of Daytona last year and really enjoyed the experience. All the sales people are great. I should be going back again sometime this year to finally pick up a 500 Sport :) I also heard they're building two new Fiat Studios here in Jacksonville set to open this year which is closer to me as I reside in Jax. Essentially I'm going to buy from whicher studio has a lower dealer fee. I believe Daytona's was only like $399.00 which isn't bad compared to most dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts