Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I posted this in the SouthCentral forum but thought I'd do it here too!

I bought my Grigio Pop (whom I've named Tidbit) 'used' at 169 miles from Stadium Auto in Arlington, TX. I've made Holt Fiat my dealership.

Anyway, I'm in the process of getting her all spiffied up with tint, chromed mirrors, new red dash, red and cream stripes, and a custom interior. Hopefully I can get all this done by the early part of April. Once I get her all purty :)D) I'll post some pics here.

I love this car.......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya there Irishmykl! I didn't buy mine at Holt, but I've settled on Holt for my dealer services.

So far Holt's been really good working with me. I didn't get an owner's manual along with Tidbit when I bought her at Stadium Auto, so the service manager at Holt (Kyle) gave me his personal copy. And to add to the pluses Kyle didn't even laugh at me when I came in wondering why my AC wasn't blowing cold and I didn't know I had to press down on the little snowflake button on the dash! I suppose I could use the excuse that my old Honda Accord -- which I drove for 12 years -- didn't have to do that, but really....reading the manual is a good thing. Hah!

I'll post pics as soon as Tidbit is all done!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hiya there Irishmykl! I didn't buy mine at Holt, but I've settled on Holt for my dealer services.

So far Holt's been really good working with me. I didn't get an owner's manual along with Tidbit when I bought her at Stadium Auto, so the service manager at Holt (Kyle) gave me his personal copy. And to add to the pluses Kyle didn't even laugh at me when I came in wondering why my AC wasn't blowing cold and I didn't know I had to press down on the little snowflake button on the dash! I suppose I could use the excuse that my old Honda Accord -- which I drove for 12 years -- didn't have to do that, but really....reading the manual is a good thing. Hah!

I'll post pics as soon as Tidbit is all done!
Hi LocoGirlP! I also drove a Honda Accord before my Fiat; mine was only 10 years old, though. That is funny with the A/C; I am not really used to the automatic temperature control system that came with the Safety & Convenience package.

I also did not get an owner's manual when I drove off with Peppy Rosso (I think that's the name of my car, not sure). I was given an owner's manual from a Gucci FIAT on the show room one week later when I returned to get my sun roof re-tinted (so happy with the dark tint, btw). The manual had a red leather cover (do they all come with that?).

Welcome to the Forums!

Let's get some pictures up (pre and post-customization).

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey locogirlp, congrats on your Pop and welcome to the forum. enjoy your car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, guys! Here's a super crappy one taken with my crappy phone.

My dash is in, my paint is getting done this weekend, and the week after that I'm getting my custom interior done. After all that is completed I'll get my photographer friend to take some awesome shots and then she'll be presented here in all her glory.

Until then, she looks like....well....like any other Grigio Pop. ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks, guys! Here's a super crappy one taken with my crappy phone.

My dash is in, my paint is getting done this weekend, and the week after that I'm getting my custom interior done. After all that is completed I'll get my photographer friend to take some awesome shots and then she'll be presented here in all her glory.

Until then, she looks like....well....like any other Grigio Pop. ;)

I'm so impressed with people who modify their cars!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait to see the pics of the car too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Great looking car, love the chrome mirrors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

phattbam, I'd consider selling my original dash....say for $65? If you're interested shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Funny story....

The other day I was at my upholsterer's and he was ribbing me good-naturedly about my Fiat. Asked me if it floated. Ha!

I don't mind the typical comments I get from people - matter of fact I get a chuckle out of seeing how many ways people can make fun of them! You know the drill....."It's too small," "It looks unsafe," "It's a girly car," "It's not something I'd ever consider," "If it breaks down you can drive it into my trunk," "Are there hamsters in the engine?" and the infamous, "What Made You Buy THAT?" I just smile and laugh and nod and think to myself that if they knew what I knew about them they'd be asking me to borrow the keys!

A lot of people on these forums have said it better than I can when they say that driving and owning one of these is a real experience. More and more nowadays things are so...ugh...generic. Big box. Houses and businesses and office buildings are all so bloody cookie-cutter. You can't swing a cat without hitting a Honda or a giant SUV/minivan/crossover.

So move over, people. Me and my Fiat are coming through. Take a good look, suckers. :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You have a great attitude. Here in the Northeast most people love the car. But, don't worry about the unwashed masses!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Welcome. Curious to see cream on Grigio. I can see red and silver, not cream. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

phattbam, I'd consider selling my original dash....say for $65? If you're interested shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Funny story....

The other day I was at my upholsterer's and he was ribbing me good-naturedly about my Fiat. Asked me if it floated. Ha!

I don't mind the typical comments I get from people - matter of fact I get a chuckle out of seeing how many ways people can make fun of them! You know the drill....."It's too small," "It looks unsafe," "It's a girly car," "It's not something I'd ever consider," "If it breaks down you can drive it into my trunk," "Are there hamsters in the engine?" and the infamous, "What Made You Buy THAT?" I just smile and laugh and nod and think to myself that if they knew what I knew about them they'd be asking me to borrow the keys!

A lot of people on these forums have said it better than I can when they say that driving and owning one of these is a real experience. More and more nowadays things are so...ugh...generic. Big box. Houses and businesses and office buildings are all so bloody cookie-cutter. You can't swing a cat without hitting a Honda or a giant SUV/minivan/crossover.

So move over, people. Me and my Fiat are coming through. Take a good look, suckers. :D
Do you practice swinging cats?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts