Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were at the Honda dealership this morning, to get a new battery for our Honda Fit. It was finally going out after 5 1/2 years. We notice behind the service department a new Fiat 500. We later pickup up our car. I parked mine outside the service department, by the used car lot. The used car manager was looking at my car, and asking me question about it. He said he just took a used Verde Oliva (Olive Green) Exterior 500 car in as trade. It was a 5 speed. He told me it was a blast to drive. He loved old Fiat's, and had serval when he was younger. I said. I saw it behind the building. He told me someone traded it in on a bigger Honda. It had very low miles. To bad.:(

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I saw a 5 speed Espresso/Brown sport at the used euro car dealership I bought my Volvo from 6 years ago. It was traded in.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
.......He told me someone traded it in on a bigger Honda. It had very low miles. To bad.:(
why do people do that? :mad:

its not like the car will get bigger with age. the 500's size 'is what it is'. its like the smart......right after they came out, there seemed to be tons of them on the used car lots. :(

of course in that case, the smart was very hard to come by so there were some people trying to flip them and make a few bucks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thinks folks have to have the latest greatest cars when they come out. It doesn't suit them. So they trade them in. I really love the size of our 500 over our little smart. We went to Walmart yesterday, after we dropped the Honda Fit at the shop. My wife had the whole back of the 500 filled with groceries. Two weeks full of food. We had the back seat folded down too. This little car hold a lot of stuff. The Fit is usually the grocery hauler.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Some people may find the car doesn't suite their needs, or the needs may change. The car works fine for me because the wife drives full size sedan, and everyone in my family besides me is under 5'5"

and of course...some people are stupid j/k But its not a big deal that someone decides the 500 isnt for them

Reactions: PFVA63

·
Registered
233 Posts
Or they saw the commercial with Jlo. :p

·
Registered
582 Posts
Some people don't want them and others want more. I traded in my RX-8 for a Lounge in June and now my wife wants to trade in her SUV for a Sport, we're going tomorrow to see what deal we can get. So it looks like we'll have a his and hers happening on the driveway. It doesn't bother me, now I can mod mine without my wife complaining since it won't be OUR car anymore. She's looking at an Argento.

·
Registered
825 Posts
My wife, who dismissed my claims for the last two years that I was buying a 500 when they got here, is about 75% committed to getting one next year. She's just waiting to see how it does over the winter before she fully commits.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi,

I agree with others above, there may be a number of reasons why someone might trade their car in. I know that once I bought a Mazda Protege that soon developed problems that took awhile to correct. However, the second dealership that I contacted appeared to eventually correct the problem. However, I soon decided to trade it in (after less than a year) I suspect in part because there was always a fear in the back of my mind that there may still be lingering problems and/or future problems that may spring up. In the end, I traded it in on a much cheaper Hyundai after telling the Hyundai dealership about all the previous issues with the car.

Regards

Pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts