Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waiting to hook up the 500 before this shoot but while driving through the Wynwood Art Disrtrict in Miami with camera in hand I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures (which turned into a bunch of pictures). I then put the Abarth stripes on and went back for seconds.

Some background info: the Art District is an area filled with art galleries in what used to be a dilapated and half vacant industrial area in Miami's Wynwood neighborhood. When the adjacent Design District (which was born in a similar way) became too trendy and expensive, artists started renting the abandoned Wynwood warehouses which were cheap and spacious. As the area became trendy and well known, people started painting murals on the walls. Some of the artwork is legal, some is not, but the city, local artists and regular street taggers are all lenient on all of it regardless and allow it to stay up. Now it's a mix of works from local street artists doing their thing at night to comissioned international artitsts flown in to paint their murals during Miami Beach's famous Art Basel show.

I'm not a pro photographer and these were shot in a hurry (the last few I unknowingly had the ISO crancked up to 1200!!) but I think they came out pretty nice. Hope you like them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
amazing, i just love how the Fiat 500 flows very well with any artistic background and looks like it's suppose to be their.

We need to see more fiat 500 pictures like this. Has anyone seen the Fiat 500 with drawings on it from some famous artist?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I went looking for this mural but unfortunately it had been painted over. That would've been the highlight of the series!

And I can't believe I missed this one:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
looks amazing!
where did you get those vinyl graphics on your car? are those available from the dealership?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love that area :) Going there tomorrow for the monthly Art Walk. Saw an original 500 parked on the street last month. Had I gone in my 500 it would've been one awesome photoshoot!

786 area code... guess you're in Miami also?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts