Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since Abarth news has been slow I figured I'd post this for those that haven't seen it yet. Unfortunately Leno doesn't drive it like he did with the regualr 500 and he asked what the pricing will be but the response was "competatively priced".

Find it HERE!

PLUS....

Fiat Abarth "Seduction" with Pop-Ups...courtesy of VH1.

Pop-UPs!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It better be priced competitively if Chrysler wants to save the 500 in North America. Other than that, great stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Jay Leno has bigtime credibility for me. If you listen carefully, you hear his real opinion that the current 1.4 engine has plenty of power for the 500. And my own belief is that the primary value of having an Abarth 500 is for bragging rights. If you read between the lines, Leno was looking for what mod's they put in to realistically deal with 160 horses in a car like this. The Abarth rep. said it was track tested, and that's probably true, but with helmet and shoulder harness in case of rollover.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Jay Leno has bigtime credibility for me. If you listen carefully, you hear his real opinion that the current 1.4 engine has plenty of power for the 500. And my own belief is that the primary value of having an Abarth 500 is for bragging rights. If you read between the lines, Leno was looking for what mod's they put in to realistically deal with 160 horses in a car like this. The Abarth rep. said it was track tested, and that's probably true, but with helmet and shoulder harness in case of rollover.

Hi,

My Pop has always seemed to have more than enough power for all my needs.

Pat

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leno clearly stated in his review of the 500 that it has plenty of HP and that he enjoys the car as it is. He also stated he doesn't need more HP because he can just pull out any number of cars out of his garage with plenty more. I don't see what bragging rights has to do with it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I don't know about Leno's 'credibility', but I did find it odd that when the rear diffuser was pointed out, it appeared that he didn't have a clue what one was.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I don't know about Leno's 'credibility', but I did find it odd that when the rear diffuser was pointed out, it appeared that he didn't have a clue what one was.
Perhaps just shocked a somewhat lower powered car has this included, sure it helps but really who expects to be driving even the Abarth at a high enough speed to REALLY take advantage of it ya know.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I don't know about Leno's 'credibility'
Don't know about Leno's credibility? You should take a few minutes and check out the type of automotive projects he's personally been involved in. He's as credible as just about anyone in the world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.