Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not all of them but some.

I was reading Reepleton's thread about the horrific experience at the dealerhsip and I clicked on the Yelp reviews. I saw one review of her FIAT studio that shows how some people think. The great thing about the internet is that anyone can voice their opinion. The bad thing is that anyone can voice their opinion. Not wanting to hijack Reepleton's thread, here it is:

"So Fiat is back in the U.S. after 30 years. I had to find out for myself why we would allow this awful car company back in, after all the reason why we haven't seen these cars in such a long time is because of their awful reputation. Everyone knows that Fiat stands for "Fix It Again Tony", and I don't even think there are enough Tonys around to fix them anymore.

Against my better judgement I decided to visit the dealership and see for myself what their new line looked like, I couldn't wait to see all the models to choose from. Upon my entrance I noticed ONLY 1 model. That's right folks....1 model only! And it looks like a shoe. No cool looking convertible Spiders like they used to make, just the shoe. The only car company that ever had just 1 model to choose from was Delorean, and we know what happened to that guy. However, his 1 design was at least cool, cool enough to be the star of 3 "Back to the Future" films. The Fiat's 1 model wouldn't even be excepted by clowns in a circus!

And then there are the moron salesmen who know NOTHING about Fiat or any autos for that matter, he didn't even know the running "Fix It Again Tony" reference, and I'm to buy a car from this guy?? LMAO!

This is not only one ugly car, but Fiat's reputation will not improve in my book, in fact, it's even worse. Bottom line: Fiat is a car for suckers!"

Where do I begin? He doesn't like the way the car looks. OK, fair enough.
But how does that help the reader? Looks everyone can judge for themselves, so that was a useless comment.

So the salesman doesn't respond to his moronic mantra from 30 years ago? He wasn't awed by his automotive acumen in making this running joke? Wow, yeah don't buy the car.

And did he test drive it? Nope.
A perfect example of a waste of internet space. Sadly, there are quite a few of these people out there.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I agree that it was a useless comment. One of the things that kind of strikes me about the internet is that it allows people to spout off about anything, and the anonymity of it all kind of seems to inspire some odd behavior. In the end it always seems to me that you get some people venting as if they are experts on alot of things, and/or generally trying to be a "big fish in a small pond".

In the end though, whenever you get a lot of people trying to be a big fish in the same pond, they all end up being just another random voice, and I think that many/most readers kind of eventually can see that they really aren't bringing anything new to the table when they just spout off pointless stuff, like the guy in the post you referenced.

In the end I suspect most people will see his post (and others like it) for what it is (pretty much pointless and non-informative) and end up just ignoring it.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
453 Posts
OMG! I'm driving J-Lo's Shoe Car! This is an outrage! RIPOFF!!! I want my full purchase price refunded and a Maserati as a replacement. I can't believe I was swindled like that!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

OMG! I'm driving J-Lo's Shoe Car! This is an outrage! RIPOFF!!! I want my full purchase price refunded and a Maserati as a replacement. I can't believe I was swindled like that!
As a side note, did any see that video from SEMA where they show alot of the different Fiat 500 stuff thay had there, and one was a car cover made to look like a tennis shoe?

Pat

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't even see how it looks like a shoe. A BABY shoe, MAYBE, but I've seen MANY other cars that look much more like a normal shoe (e.g. for adults who are not little people ;-).

Yeah, I saw the SEMA video, but I don't remember the shoe cover. Ah... there it is... 1:14:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's ignorant to expect a car company to suddenly launch an entire line of cars into a new market. The expense would be ridiculous and the risk even greater.

Heck, most car companies tend to only come out with one or two new models at a time even in established markets. You scarcely (if ever) see an entire refresh of a company like Ford or Chevrolets's full lineup in the same year.

It's clear that this person simply wanted to let the world know that he's arrogant and opinionated and he's succeeded at that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I agree that I'd like to see more to their line-up than one car. I'd like FIAT to bring the Massif here; I'd trade the Power Wagon for one with a 3L diesel.

The poster is a child and was showing off for his buddies. Hopefully he'll grow out of it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Obese America is in love with huge generic high priced gas guzzlers that rape them of their income. They complain they have no money and blame the high gas prices and Obama. Reality check!! We have the LOWEST price of gas in the world. We also have the most inefficient behemoths running the roads on earth. America is in love with debt, ignorance and waste.

I love my wallet friendly stylish perfect sized Fiat 500 with great fuel economy :). Not a generic Honda or Toyota (yawn). Americans are generally ignorant toward such logical concepts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's people for you.

I really think you should only be able to review restaurants if you have eaten there, car dealerships if you have bought or at least gone through the process of buying (or used them for work on your car I guess), and what not. It's like writing a review for a restaurant and complaining about the menu and how you hate Mexican food, so you didn't eat there or something. It's just dumb.

You know, you can flag reviews like this on Yelp and they often get removed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.