8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way Cool:
Ivory Interiors
Dual concentric gauges
Manual transmission
Cabrio top reminiscent of the old Citroen 2CV
Headlights and Hi-Beams: Perfectly Aimed and Great Coverage
Radio Controls on back of steering wheel - Innovative and it works!
Manual HVAC controls (I hate automatic climate controls - adds countless steps between "where I'm at" and "what I want").
16" Wheels
Blue and Me
Hill start assist ONLY comes on on an actual hill (my Jeep is on all the time adding another second to my getaway).
Verde Chiaro
Cell Phone slot in cupholder
Great ride and handling for such a short wheelbase economy car

Totally Lame:
Rear Headrests (Although I'm sure the American Chiropractic Association is going to appreciate the business)
Radio Menu Controls from Opposite Land (Functions should be assigned to left/right buttons, values should be assigned to up/down buttons)
15" Wheels
Why is my steering wheel so far away??
That hole that 2nd gear drops me into
No sign that the Abarth will be available as a Cabrio
Rear ride height (lose the rake!)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Why is my steering wheel so far away??
non telescoping wheel...always the culprit in keeping some drivers from being comfortable. if i could have gone back about 2-3 inches i could have gotten my right knee off that maddeningly uncomfortable center console...but w/o the telescoping wheeling it was impossible.

and a little side bolstering on the seats would be nice(especially the pop). it would have made cornering alot more fun but the poor bolstering just makes the upright nature of the car more apparent.

im keeping my eyes out for any improvements/tweeks to next years models.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Way Cool?
How about "Positive"?
Great styling
Very comfortable seats in the Sport
Climate control - great in Florida
Micron filter - great for cigar smoker (Even though I never smoke in the car, the odor of cigar smoke transfers from clothing to the car. The filter removes it nicely.)
I like my automatic -- there, I said it. Driving a stick shift in urban traffic is a PITA.
Car handles better than anything I've ever driven.

Totally Lame (or let's say "negative")
No telescoping steering wheel
Cup holder really has trouble handling even one travel mug.
Needs a passenger arm rest
In an otherwise upscale interior, the visors are bargain basement quality

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I guess what some see as "issues" with the car may be due to personal preferences and/or maybe a driving style issue. And for me, some of the stuff that others have listed as "lame" don't really seem to be big issues for me.

Specifically, since I stopped using the driver's side arm rest after about only a week, the lack of a passenger side one doesn't seem a big issue to me either. Also, although the forward cup holders may seem a bit close together, the back ones are fairly easily accessible, so to me that's not a big deal either. Other than that, I've also found that once I pull the back headrests up to their "in use" position, they seem fine. And the front seating support in my Pop also seems fine and I find that it feels like I'm taking corners a fair bit faster in my 500 than in my previous car. Also as far as my manual transmission goes I find that I tend to pass through that gear fairly quickly and haven't experienced any troubles going from 2nd to 3rd.

However, on the other hand, I can see how an extendable steering column could be a big issue for some.

Anyway, I guess in the end its kind of "to each their own" with regards to what they like and dislike, but overall I'm not really unhappy with any thing on my car yet. :)

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ha,ha, my wife complains about the visors just about every time she gets in the car. "These things are USELESS!"

I've heard a few people mention the straight-armed thing -- I don't have that problem at all, my arms are nicely bent. I've had one vehicle with a telescoping steering wheel and found it to be one of those this-is-really-pretty-useless options, something that someone thought up in order to add a few more bucks to the total price. This is the first forum where I've read so many people requesting that.

I do wish it had a grab bar on the passengar side. That, and a rear fog light.

I like the basic Pop seats, I find them fairly comfortable. I thought the Sport seats were not very comfortable at all. I'm not that wide, but I felt that they were very tight, or snug. If I had my choice, I'd prefer a split bench seat, honestly.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
its odd that everyone is complaining about the visors. I hardly EVER use them. when I do, they block the sun......isn't that what they're suppose to do?

the passenger one also now holds my garage door opener now. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
As for the rear headrests, if you don't like'em, pull'em out: I did on the passenger side and it helps with rearward vision. And that 2nd gear hole? Wind your revs out to 5 or 6 grand and then see what happens... I wish there were more pull in 1st, maybe that performance ECU would help?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love everything about my car, but here's what I'd want improved.

Volume buttons on my steering wheel (I have an older Pop model which doesn't have Blue&me)

Rear seats that go down without having to adjust the driver and passenger seats.

Rear seats that go all the way down on the same level as the trunk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
COOL:
-IVORY/RED or BROWN interiors make the car look real special
-Dash Matches exterior of the car
-Handling
-ton of colours
-USB and AUX plug
-Blue n Me VR

Lame:
-Seat height Adjuster mechanism
-Easy Entry seat handles are cheap
-No rear mats
-Optional Spare
-Stability Control non-defeatable

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, the Smart has pretty useless visors too. I guess in Europe people don't get hit by sun through the side windows.

What makes things more fun is that I literally live in a city termed the Sun City.

But hey, I love my 500!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mine has an ESC off button. Is that something only certain models have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think if I could design a car where the biggest complaint had to do with the quality of the visors, someone would owe me a lot of money. In Seattle, it is either raining, so I don't use the visors, or the sun roof is open, so I don't use the visors. As the other fellow said, their primary use is to hold the garage door opener. I think some folks need to ride a motorcycle to work almost every day like I do. On days like today (a "typical" Seattle day) I really enjoy more basic things - heat, windshield wipers, - basic stuff we take for granted most of the time - in a car that is fun to drive.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Only thing lame, is not having a seat height adjuster mechanism, on passenger side, on sunroof model cars. No head room, for tall passengers.

No grab handles too, on the sun visor model cars.

My sun visors work great! They block the sun in the early morning.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
My sun visors work great! They block the sun in the early morning.
Lame Visors: vestigial. If you say they block the sun in the morning, I would infer you must be driving East. They are useless on the side.

Lame doors: Not well-engineered. I hope states don't make us register them as weapons.

Lame doors, inside: The "handles" make for excellent coin holders.

Good parts: Everything else. I bought the Pop, and I got a great value for my money. Besides the beautiful styling, the car tracks smoothly and the engine purrs. And how about that free service?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can't recall the last time I used the visors in any car I've driven because every time i've tried they've blocked my view of the road and find I have to look under them. I've gotten used to just wearing my sunglasses and leaving the visors up. As for the other negatives I have not complaints given the cars price point and how it compares to other cars in its class.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts