Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the "J-Lo" ad, which everyone on this forum seemed to hate, and now the Charlie Sheen ad - have not heard any opinions about that one. There is a firm in England called Ivan Dutton, and what they do is restorations of classic Bugattis - cars costing from $500,000 for a total basket case to multiple tens of millions for the right car perfectly restored. Their customer base is a little different from the Fiat 500 demographic I sit in! For a look at how Ivan Dutton markets, take a look at my essay at www.DavidPreston.biz (non-commercial site) and imagine what Fiat could do that might be similar.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
There were 5 threads on the Charlie Sheen ad the minute it was public. It got so crazy that they had to be merged.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
First the "J-Lo" ad, which everyone on this forum seemed to hate, and now the Charlie Sheen ad - have not heard any opinions about that one. There is a firm in England called Ivan Dutton, and what they do is restorations of classic Bugattis - cars costing from $500,000 for a total basket case to multiple tens of millions for the right car perfectly restored. Their customer base is a little different from the Fiat 500 demographic I sit in! For a look at how Ivan Dutton markets, take a look at my essay at www.DavidPreston.biz (non-commercial site) and imagine what Fiat could do that might be similar.
Yeah the Charlie bit has been played out here over a month ago. However on Fiats Facebook page I was surprised at how many people hated it and decided not to buy a fiat because of it.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
The Charlie Sheen advertisement provided a definition of "decadent" better than any textbook. Why Chrysler North America wanted to promote Charlie Sheen, I have heard no opinion about that. But it demoted the 500.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not quite sure how one could think that the use of Charlie Sheen some how demoted the 500. If anything, more people are in studios looking at 500s because of the Seduction, House Arrest, and now Baby commercials than ever before. The sales figures back that up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pretty ridiculous it may sound, but the Charlie Sheen ad somehow made the Fiat 500 'cool' where I live. I won't say I bought mine because of Charlie Sheen (a ton of other factors existed, including waiting since I was a kid for Fiat to come back to the U.S) but that ad sure got me thinking about Fiat again and I purchased one soon after the ad. Interesting in retrospect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts