Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not sure if this is the right section to do this but I decided to start a build thread.

I first started my mods with a muffler delete and added a dual chrome. I'll post a pic of that tomorrow.

The gods were good today. :D I received my Eibach Sportline springs AND my new rims! I can't wait for the weather to break!

Flooring Floor Laminate flooring Wood flooring Hardwood Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel

I will update with install pics soon. To Be Continued...............

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice start RedRum! Post pics after install! I was wondering how the Fiat would look like w/ Panasports. Sub'd

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Had those rims in 1993

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice, the rims will compliment the stripe. Where did you order the rims/tires ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had those rims in 1993
Don't worry Lorvar, I'll make them look so.much better!

I think an old school looking rim fits this car. But it is the closest I can get without adding an excessive amount of weight. These are just under 17lbs each without the tire. I bought them at tirerack.com.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not to be the "downer" of the group, but...

I ran sportlines on my previous car, and have known a few people that ran them for a short time as well.

The BIGGEST known issue with the sportlines is that they like to start sagging in the rear for some unknown reason. Mine started to do that a bit after 7k miles.

They also blew my stock struts/shocks out after 2k miles.

I honestly would HIGHLY recommend looking into a bit stronger of a strut/shock that will be able to handle riding 2 inches lower.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have sportlines on my Integra, rear sags like nerosport states. Thank god they come on the car, and I didn't waste my money on them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
They werent bad springs when they were new, but the ride over stock was VERY stiff, you feel every bump and crack in teh road. The car looked awesome after putting them on, but for a car to daily drive, i wouldnt do them again.

Who knows, its really all dependent on the person and if they like it or not.

Because i have to deal with snow in the winter, lowering the fiat probably isnt going to happen, unless its coilovers, and I can raise it up for the winter months.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

That's what I had my Panasports on or one like it. The car was turbocharged from the factory, but never came with an intercooler, so we fabricated new pipe and grafted on a Mitsu intercooler on it. Also swapped the exhaust to a new catback, cranked the turbo pressure from 9 to 16 and ate mustangs and eclipses for lunch because the car only weighed about 2300 lbs. It also had a Tokico/Eibach set up. That was my first turbo car. So much fun for a Hyundai.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They werent bad springs when they were new, but the ride over stock was VERY stiff, you feel every bump and crack in teh road. The car looked awesome after putting them on, but for a car to daily drive, i wouldnt do them again.

Who knows, its really all dependent on the person and if they like it or not.

Because i have to deal with snow in the winter, lowering the fiat probably isnt going to happen, unless its coilovers, and I can raise it up for the winter months.
Interestingly enough I have never had the sagging problem. Hopefully I can get away with it for.now. But this is temporary at best. I'm planning on gettin coilovers once they come down a bit. Most likely I'll put these up for sale in the fall when I get the car ready for winter. And then I can buy myself a nice Christmas present! Lol!

I already know that the ride quality and suspension is going to suffer, but that's the price I'm will to pay. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Interestingly enough I have never had the sagging problem. Hopefully I can get away with it for.now. But this is temporary at best. I'm planning on gettin coilovers once they come down a bit. Most likely I'll put these up for sale in the fall when I get the car ready for winter. And then I can buy myself a nice Christmas present! Lol!

I already know that the ride quality and suspension is going to suffer, but that's the price I'm will to pay. :D

Yep, maybe im just starting to get old haha. I love the look of a lowered car, i just cant stand driving a lowered car daily anymore.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
That's what I had my Panasports on or one like it. The car was turbocharged from the factory, but never came with an intercooler, so we fabricated new pipe and grafted on a Mitsu intercooler on it. Also swapped the exhaust to a new catback, cranked the turbo pressure from 9 to 16 and ate mustangs and eclipses for lunch because the car only weighed about 2300 lbs. It also had a Tokico/Eibach set up. That was my first turbo car. So much fun for a Hyundai.

Manual boost controller? Those had internal wastegates didn't they? T5. I remember those cars well. Only 115hp with the snail. But like you said, light weight.

I had a 1.9 liter motor in my Scirocco with a fair amount of work done to it. Made a solid 140hp on 93. That car was about the same weight. FLEW. What do you think the Scoupe was making after your mods?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Manual boost controller? Those had internal wastegates didn't they? T5. I remember those cars well. Only 115hp with the snail. But like you said, light weight.

I had a 1.9 liter motor in my Scirocco with a fair amount of work done to it. Made a solid 140hp on 93. That car was about the same weight. FLEW. What do you think the Scoupe was making after your mods?
I think it was a T2,lol. Yup, my first introduction to manual controllers. I rigged up an industrial bleeder valve and I incorporated some tricks to keep the boost from tailing off at higher rpms. I also grafted a 300zx hood scoop just over the custom airbox. I ran that thing hard and the filter was ice cold in the dead of summer. It was an awesome setup. I'd say I was pushing about 160hp. I had a friend with a new integra GSR and he couldn't even stay close, 5 car lengths easy. Wheel spins up to 4th. Crappy tranny though. Totally debadged so when people would ask me what just beat them, I'd say a Hyundai. The looks were soooo worth it,lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts