Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first post to forums so just wanted to say hello from Ontario.

bought my Bianco Sport the other day and they told me it would take 10-12 weeks for delivery.

any tips for making the wait more bearable? :rolleyes:

D.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I spoke with my dealer. She reaffirmed they get them in @ 4-6 weeks and have been for special orders.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Sorry. I'm in Va. Apparently, our dealer here is one of the largest Fiat dealer in the US. I think they had 40 plus cars in stock and another 30 on the way.

·
Registered
393 Posts
welcome to the forum! 10-12 weeks is a really long time to wait, did you ask them why such a long wait?

The best advice i can give you to make the wait more bearable is to keep bother the salesperson about your car, and if your slick enough you might be able to talk them into letting you take one of the Fiat 500's on their lot for a spin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ordered my Sport on Tuesday and O'Brien FIAT told me that I would have it in 30-45 days. Sounds like 4-6 weeks to me too.

As for killing time while waiting.......I'm just going on 'cars.com' and looking at pics of the 500's that look like MINE. Save them to a folder and then use them as my background on my monitor at home and work. Not the same as having the REAL THING, but it works for me....for now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry. I'm in Va. Apparently, our dealer here is one of the largest Fiat dealer in the US. I think they had 40 plus cars in stock and another 30 on the way.
I think all the dealers have more inventory than they know what to do with right now.

The dealer in St Louis has over 100 on hand and my dealer in Greenwood Indiana, O'Brien Fiat, has over 67 on hand and more coming in as well. Still, with 67 500's on the lot, they didn't have the color/model/options combo I wanted and were nice enough to offer to order one EXACTLY the way I wanted......no pressure to buy what they have on hand. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered my Sport on Tuesday and O'Brien FIAT told me that I would have it in 30-45 days. Sounds like 4-6 weeks to me too.

As for killing time while waiting.......I'm just going on 'cars.com' and looking at pics of the 500's that look like MINE. Save them to a folder and then use them as my background on my monitor at home and work. Not the same as having the REAL THING, but it works for me....for now.
I think all the dealers have more inventory than they know what to do with right now.

The dealer in St Louis has over 100 on hand and my dealer in Greenwood Indiana, O'Brien Fiat, has over 67 on hand and more coming in as well. Still, with 67 500's on the lot, they didn't have the color/model/options combo I wanted and were nice enough to offer to order one EXACTLY the way I wanted......no pressure to buy what they have on hand. :D
I don't mean to come off as rude or anything offensive but you might want to make your own thread on getting your Fiat 500, and post up everything about it just like what you did here! I'm sure OP doesn't want thread jacking :p

I just thought it was a good idea.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't mean to come off as rude or anything offensive but you might want to make your own thread on getting your Fiat 500, and post up everything about it just like what you did here! I'm sure OP doesn't want thread jacking :p

I just thought it was a good idea.
Sorry. I thought I was just responding to previous posts and relaying my experiences. Guess it was taken the wrong way. My bad.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I think a big issue is just that with so many potential color, model & and Feature options, the chance that something on the lot matches a specific order is not great.

With respect for the long delays though, I'd guess it may be that the ability to fit a specific order into the assembly line may be limited and there may be alot of other special orders already ahead.

However, I have also seen in other posts indications that certain specific colors may be delayed by pigment shortages as a result of the Japan earthquake.

It is concievable that this and/or other possible shortages of specific parts or accessories might result in the delay for one order being longer than for other, though I'm just guessing.

Either way, congratulations on your order, and maybe you could try and make the time pass by planing out any upgrades you might be considering, etc.

Just some thoughts.

Regards

Pat

PS. Another thought is that if there is something in your order that you aren't real hard over on having, it might be possible to have the dealer check and see if they can find something close to what you want quicker. When I bought me last car, my dealer didn't have a manual transmission version of what I wanted in stock, but since I wasn't hard over on any specific color, they were able to find a nearby dealer that did have one, and arranged to exchange something in their inventory with that dealer to get what I wanted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the responses, this in itself helps pass the time. Ha!

I don't put too much stock into what the sales guy estimated as delivery time anyways. While were chatting it up about the 500 he told me he wasn't quite sure why some 500s honked when the doors were locked and some didn't. So I explained to him it was an option you could set in the EVIC.

Maybe I should have tried selling HIM a 500. :cool:
Though in his defense, I tend to learn as much about a car as possible before pulling the trigger.

I'm rambling, anyways, thanks for the responses. I'll post pics whenever she finally arrives.

D.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Thanks for all the responses, this in itself helps pass the time. Ha!

I don't put too much stock into what the sales guy estimated as delivery time anyways. While were chatting it up about the 500 he told me he wasn't quite sure why some 500s honked when the doors were locked and some didn't. So I explained to him it was an option you could set in the EVIC.

Maybe I should have tried selling HIM a 500. :cool:
Though in his defense, I tend to learn as much about a car as possible before pulling the trigger.

I'm rambling, anyways, thanks for the responses. I'll post pics whenever she finally arrives.

D.
My salesman wasn't too sure about alot of the features on my Popeither, so I was happy when I got a closer look once I got home and realized that it did have the tilting steering wheel, "hill assist", and the tire pressure monitoring.

Regards

Pat

PS. As a weird coincidence, one of the few Fiat 500 commercials that I've seen just came on TV right as I was about to post this :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
MoneyMan,

Not so far OT, IMHO. But Chosen_1's efforts are not unreasonable. RE: the wait: Enjoy the waiting and wanting! The 500 is a great car, and I hope that you get great joy out of the anticipation and the delivery.

Following the OT subthread, I was contacted (again) by a local dealer who said that they have about 40 500's in stock. He also pointed out the excellent financing available. Relevant to the OP as I'm in Canada too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on my waiting:

Got an e-mail from the dealer saying my car was complete and awaiting final inspection. Car was ordered on 6/15, final inspection on 7/15, delivery on 8/15?

Here's hoping (or earlier of course)

D.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
not to rub it in, but my wait is OVER! my Verde Chiaro Sport just rolled off the transport. took pics of it while still on the truck and if I get time, I'll take a few more this afternoon.

I'll probably be taking it home tomorrow......:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally! My Bianco Sport I order back on June 15th is at the dealership getting prepped. I got the call last night and am picking it up Wednesday evening. Can't wait to finally get behind the wheel!

Took long enough, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
Hopefully I can post some picks after I take delivery on Wednesday.

D.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts