Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, good news indeed.

On Saturday I visited the Fiat dealer in Vancouver (BC) and they had six or so on the lot; red, black and one white, apparently. I could have paid and driven one home that very day.

I did not drive one, as it was raining, I'm not an imminent buyer, and I have spent a lot of time in them already. But I can tell you that the moment I opened the door, the car smell was identical to the cars in Italy; that will be an important bit of intelligence for all concerned.

The sales person also said that most who came in expressed hope that Fiat will do well here. An interesting sentiment among the masses. He also said that he, or they, are getting about 10 calls a day asking about the 500.

Other bits of info: they have about 50 on order, and the abarth is scheduled for arrival at the end of the year.

But the most interesting thing is that the only advertising I have seen here is a pitiful little portable sign, with the yellow letters that you stick under the horizontal plastic strips, and it was set on the side of the road on Main Street, tucked into the shrubbery on an abandoned lot. Not exactly up to the design standards of the car. No sign or announcement at the dealer,either.

Great to see the 500 here, though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Seems like all the dealers with non-PE cars to sell are in Canada! Any in the US?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
We have already heard in other posts that they arrived in Florida weeks ago. They have begun to arrive in my area of the East Coast. I will not state my exact location, until mine is parked outside my house. Not because I don't trust you all, but because I don't trust the dealers. They see someone waving cash around, and my Pop which is on the way, might mysteriously disappear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts