Fiat 500 Forum banner
681 - 700 of 746 Posts
One week after I bought my Sport, I bought a radar detector for it. Worth it's weight in gold, not that I go over the speed limit or anything..he he
I am always going faster than most of the other drivers that I am around. Pretty easy to do for some reason. ;)

I have not yet needed to check, but does anybody know what kind of battery (s) the key fob takes and where can you get replacements?
I think it's a 2032; get them at any general merchandise type store.
You'd think the owners manual would give you that information since it does tell you how to access the battery. Let's not get into the vagueness of the owners manual.

I opened mine and found a very common and inespensive Panasonic button cell CR-2032 installed. Like Doohickie said, readily available at any hardware, department or pharmacy store.

Had a new message on the display this week. It was -17 when I turned the car off. After it was off I had this message show up - "Engine Heater Recommended"
First of all, no one should live or drive where the temperature is that low. Just my personal opinion and the reason I moved to South Florida. #2 the vehicle is warning you that even if the anti-freeze is new enough and at the proper concentration; it will likely not protect the coolant from freezing and damage to your engine is likely to occur.

Generally speaking, a 50/50 mix Ethylene Glycol/Water SHOULD protect to -34F and an artic mix (Propylene Glycol/Water) 60/40 to -56F but it you expect those extreme temperatures you should check the coolant with a hydrometer available at Walmart or any auto parts. There are other factors that will be affected by the cold, the battery voltage will be lower and the capacity shorter, the oil viscosity will be thicker increasing drag etc.

Here in Florida, anything below 60F and the folks break out the Parkas and the Muck-lucks, mittens etc. (ridiculous)

First of all, no one should live or drive where the temperature is that low. Just my personal opinion and the reason I moved to South Florida. #2 the vehicle is warning you that even if the anti-freeze is new enough and at the proper concentration; it will likely not protect the coolant from freezing and damage to your engine is likely to occur.

Generally speaking, a 50/50 mix Ethylene Glycol/Water SHOULD protect to -34F and an artic mix (Propylene Glycol/Water) 60/40 to -56F but it you expect those extreme temperatures you should check the coolant with a hydrometer available at Walmart or any auto parts. There are other factors that will be affected by the cold, the battery voltage will be lower and the capacity shorter, the oil viscosity will be thicker increasing drag etc.

Here in Florida, anything below 60F and the folks break out the Parkas and the Muck-lucks, mittens etc. (ridiculous)
I've seen that happen. Completely ridiculous. Those Floridians. Just a few more years until I'm down there

The chances of an adult human actually fitting in the trunk, and having the space to access the trunk release is slim.
Try adjusting your driver seat all the way to the highest position. I bet that the bloke who has to drive like that can fit in the trunk. Of course, they wouldn't actually be human. I'll give you that.

While my smartphone had Bluetooth enabled, a text message was received. Despite the radio being OFF, I noticed that the radio's LCD was still in operation, when the sunlight touched the screen at a certain angle. See attached photo.

While this is not a big deal, it was interesting to see that some radio features (perhaps others such as GPS, etc) remain engaged unbeknownst to the operator.

Attachments

That the car comes with an alarm as standard. The lights will blink and the horn will sound if someone messes with the doors or hatch when they are locked. Daughter messed with hatch and the car blinked and beeped until I reset the locks with the fob. Not sure why an alarm add-on is offered.

While my smartphone had Bluetooth enabled, a text message was received. Despite the radio being OFF, I noticed that the radio's LCD was still in operation, when the sunlight touched the screen at a certain angle. See attached photo.

While this is not a big deal, it was interesting to see that some radio features (perhaps others such as GPS, etc) remain engaged unbeknownst to the operator.
What kind of phone do you have? I am having trouble getting my POP to read my text messages aloud or even load the text messages into its memory.

tEdolph

Hello, everyone. Here's my first post to this forum...

I'm not sure if it's already mentioned after 69 pages of tips, but here's something I stumbled upon. On the radio, there are A-B-C groups for AM/FM/SAT and the left middle button behind the steering wheel allows you cycle through each of the 1-2-3-4-5 presets within a given group in sequence. So, FMA1, FMA2, FMA3, FMA4, FMA5, FMB1, FMB2, etc. There isn't a way to work backwards. However, at any time you can quickly go back to the first preset of the current group by tapping down or up (so that you're not on a preset) and then tapping the middle button. ♫ ENJOY! ♪

Just rolling through this thread for fun and i'll add one. With the headrests out and the back seats folded down in a 2013 500 Sport you can fit a foldable hockey net, two sticks, along with extra gear. Car becomes a 1 seater when I want to go golfing though. If you get creative with the storage you can fit an awful lot of stuff in them.

681 - 700 of 746 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.