Fiat 500 Forum banner
721 - 740 of 746 Posts
Anyone know why the fog lights come in when you turn? I'm new here and was reading all of the comments- my spare tire was "removed" as an option, per the dealership. I didn't know the compressor was under the front seat. I'm going to look since I thought it should've been in the back/was missing. I bought a new one..lol. Anyone know why the dealer has to change the brakes and rotors, even if the rotors are fine? Do you really need a tune up every 3k miles? New spark plugs, etc. Every time?

Anyone know why the fog lights come in when you turn?
I don't have the 500L so I am not sure, but my guess it's a feature to let you see better as you turn
Anyone know why the dealer has to change the brakes and rotors, even if the rotors are fine?
There is a reason why they're nicknamed "stealership" I haven't changed mine and I have about 65000 miles on my 500
Do you really need a tune up every 3k miles? New spark plugs, etc. Every time?
Absolutely not. Some of the forum users change oil regardless of the schedule, but personally I don't change my oil until computer message pops up on my instrument panel. I believe spark plugs will last 100K on your engine. Turbo Multiair engines have iridium plugs from factory and they're supposed to last that long. Fiat 500 before 2015 MY had regular plugs which will need frequent changes. Models 2015+ came with iridium plugs with different gap than the turbo models, but they're supposed to last around the same time as the turbo models, around 100K

Anyone know why the fog lights come in when you turn? I'm new here and was reading all of the comments- my spare tire was "removed" as an option, per the dealership. I didn't know the compressor was under the front seat. I'm going to look since I thought it should've been in the back/was missing. I bought a new one..lol. Anyone know why the dealer has to change the brakes and rotors, even if the rotors are fine? Do you really need a tune up every 3k miles? New spark plugs, etc. Every time?
You need a new dealer.

Pretty much everything you stated is wrong.

It would also be a good idea for you to read the owner's manual.

TEdolph

Not really something that took time to discover, but there's no "panic" button. I definitely like that about the key fob. Nothing worse and more confusing than accidentally pressing a panic button and trying to turn the alarm off on a car.
Agreed! Sit wrong at my desk and the panic alarm would go off, out in the driveway. I also like that the hatch will relock itself. I won't miss driving down the road and notice the trunk lid is open.

On the Abarth and probably other turbo models there is a turbo after cooler that you can hear running after turning your car off. If you hear it running and open your hood and you can see coolant pumping into your reservoir. Older turbo cars needed a cool down period but the electric pump keeps the turbo from scorching the oil. Nice job Fiat
Oh, so that's that odd purring sound in the 2018. I figured it was the radiator fan.

When the temp hit 38F or 37F it puts a snowflake on the display and states "Possible Ice on Road". Don't recall which exact of the two temps though.
Yes, then when it detects ice, a large snowflake appears in the middle of the guage. Anyone know what triggers that?

I love the electronic dash for all the info... especially in performance mode. The mileage flashes when it thinks it's time for fuel, and the 2 trip odometers are loaded with interest facts. Unfortunately, the MPG reads 2 to 4 MPG high. It's good to see a readout of tire pressure, but I usually stick with the main screen.

The backup camera is unreliable for distance to vehicle (it'll leave you 12" into the vehicle behind) and is mostly useless on cold days and in the dark. I love the 20 minute radio delay with key off... and it turns off when the door is opened. I also like pressing the passenger door lock and locking all 3 doors.

Thanks for the note about the windows working with the key off. That's handy at drive-thru windows.

Known that for 7 1/2 years now. Must be a European car thing. My old 2008 smart car did the same thing. What I don’t like about that feature. If you rear window is really dirty. Sand,salt, winter grime. Could scratch the window up.
Exactly. If the rear window is covered in too much dirt, don't turn on the front wipers before putting the car in reverse.

I discovered the rear window washer by mistake.

Thanks for the tips. I found a box under the driver's seat, which I assume is the pump... and the whirring sound @ shut down is interesting. I tried turning on high beams and, yes, the driving lights go out.

I still don't understand the comment about high beams not coming on when the lights are off. Pull back on the lever and high beams flash. It's a European passing thing.

The automatic lights are a nice feature. Today I forgot and shut them off. I remembered and turned the switch back on after turning off the engine. Hours later a neighbor came over to tell me my running lights were still on. (The door chime I am used to is absent.)

[QUOTE = "Ông Pickles, bài: 9009, thành viên: 498"]
Cửa sổ phía sau defroster / defogger trong 500c không hoạt động cho đến khi đỉnh được đóng hoàn toàn.

Ngay cả khi nó mở 3 inch, không có rã đông / defogger phía sau
[/TRÍCH DẪN]

Cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ

I've been leaving head lights on all the time since the car was new. Now, with the BCM headlight relay issues, I'm rethinking that. I didn't realize DRLs would dim when headlights are turned on, until a month ago.

Unfortunately it was a bad habit. I'm no longer remembering to switch them on at night.

I owned my 2017 500e for almost 2 weeks now and i was disappointed how i have to reach for the radio to switch tracks as i did not see any controls for audio on the steering wheel, boy the joy when i found out something behind the steering felt like bumps, im like wtf is this paddle shifters on a single speed EV?? Rejoice!! Audio and volume controls yay!!

721 - 740 of 746 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.