Fiat 500 Forum banner

Things about the Fiat you didn't know, but now do.

464K views 745 replies 242 participants last post by  sundaze 
#1 ·
The rear window defroster/defogger in the 500c doesn't work until the top is fully closed.

Even if it's open 3 inches, no rear defrost/defogger

#3 ·
Likely it is just a safety implement that keeps the defrost from turning on while it is open and thus possibly being bunched up, that is pretty smart but I guess it doesn't know the difference in a little open and completely open, post more things I didn't know I was hoping for a list here...hehe.

#4 ·
Likely a small switch that is open once the top leaves the headliner. While not exactly the same, Miata's have had this features since the Gen II cars hit the market in 1999 to keep users from heating up the top when it was folder over the glass rear window. Probably on most every glass rear windowed (w/defroster elements) softop on the market, I'd suspect.

#5 ·
I didn't know my head lights shutoff by themselves, when you turn off the engine.
They turn back on when you restart the car. I keep forgetting to turn the light stark off, getting out of the car.

Didn't know the treaded screw dimple under inside window still, is for roof racks.

Didn't know they were treaded post under the rear of the car, for a trailer hitch.

#7 ·
I am used to automatic headlights so I was thinking about leaving them on all the time and letting the car shut them off now that I know (thanks smark) they turn off and it is not a problem, I noticed they shut off but wasn't sure if they are going to fair well if left on. Read about roof rack bolt holes but no one mentioned the underside of the mirrors yet, I didn't look under but someone else did and asked me what it is and I said I guess a hole. (I was inside and didn't bother getting out at the time). Also didn't know/look for a hitch connection or anything. This is good stuff, keep it coming!

#13 ·
You're both right. However, to legally implement this feature the car must have sensors to detect resistance, so that it could automatically reopen. I suspect that this $20 part (probably less) wasn't implemented.

#17 ·
(4) 17 inch CST wheels in boxes will fit in the back with the seats folded flat. Oh, and a child booster seat with a back will fit in the trunk (provided you have a tetris background and don't let your coworkers watch you while you're figuring out exactly how it goes. )

Reactions: Baldwin
#29 ·
I wish you can use Blue and Me without the key in the ignition. Noticed my driving lights were on in the garage, while the key was turned on.

Can't use steering wheel controls, with (out the key feature.) Have to adjust Volume and turning control with the face of the radio.

#32 ·
Ok, new find for me...was cold this morning, not super cold but I did find ice on the windshield, the temp indicator flashed and has beside it a small snow flake/ice indicating icon and when first started the car showed the msg Possible ice on road. Anyways, new find for me and I thought it was pretty cool, makes me wonder what I'll happen on next.

#34 · (Edited)
I saw the snow flake, for the first time too.

I notice when I go over the speed limit, the cars Eco info cluster get mad, and tells you to slow down.

The Eco girl voice came on the other day, and told me her memory was full.
What ever that was all about. The Flash drive wasn't plug into the USB slot, in the glove box.

#107 ·
I notice when I go over the speed limit, the cars Eco info cluster get mad, and tells you to slow down.
Is this the "You've Exceeded the Speed Limit" message at 90mph? Not that "I" have gone fast enough to see this message but it scared me when I first saw it flash up - I mean it would scare me if I saw it flash up and by "first" that doesn't imply that i've gone over 90 enough to see it more than once. It was a friend...yeah, a friend that was driving his 500 :D hahaha

#40 ·
To deactivate Economy Drive. Plug the USB flash drive in from Fiat, into USB slot in the glove box. Push Blue and Me button on the steering wheel. Say Economy Drive. She will pomp you to activate, or deactivate. Say deactivate. That turns the stupid thing off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.