Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -
Obviously I'm new here. I'm thinking of ordering a sport w/ a sunroof. The website puts that at 18,300 but the local dealer quoted me 19,300 (plus tax, title, license and dealership fees). I'm thinking that seems higher than MSRP by a grand. Thoughts? I'm thinking I should shop dealerships a bit.

Also, I drove one and the sight lines were a little obstructed. How long did it take you (who already have their 500s) to get used to the partitions around the doors and the large shoulder blind spot?

I'm looking forward to getting one and joining all of you on the road, especially on days too dreary to ride my Ducati.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The blind spot to the driver's side is pretty bad, the integrated convex mirror on that side helps though. I got used to it in less than a day.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Hey all -
Obviously I'm new here. I'm thinking of ordering a sport w/ a sunroof. The website puts that at 18,300 but the local dealer quoted me 19,300 (plus tax, title, license and dealership fees). I'm thinking that seems higher than MSRP by a grand. Thoughts? I'm thinking I should shop dealerships a bit.

Also, I drove one and the sight lines were a little obstructed. How long did it take you (who already have their 500s) to get used to the partitions around the doors and the large shoulder blind spot?

I'm looking forward to getting one and joining all of you on the road, especially on days too dreary to ride my Ducati.
If you are driving alone, put the passenger seat ramrod straight so that it aligns with the pillar. That adjustment is conveniently on your side of the passenger seat. Also the side mirror shape is excellent and gives a wide view, so have those adjusted perfectly.

Price of the car is the website price + 500$ destination fee. That is the sale price which must be reported to the state so that they know what basis to charge taxes and fees. Dealers where I live customarily charge an extra $100 fee, to do the title work, and in case you don't buy any of the silly add-ons like tire insurance. That is it. Period. If you order they cannot sneak in any dealer-installed options. A dealer that does not follow the price guidelines will not be getting many cars from Fiat.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Be patient and get a NEW leftover year model Sport for the price of a new Pop.... I have a 13 Sport, no problems with blind spots thanks to the split mirror on the driver's side. Took maybe a day to get comfortable with the Sport, now I wouldn't trade it! Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Be patient and get a NEW leftover year model Sport for the price of a new Pop.... I have a 13 Sport, no problems with blind spots thanks to the split mirror on the driver's side. Took maybe a day to get comfortable with the Sport, now I wouldn't trade it! Welcome!
As boxer stated you are hitting some REALLY old threads...love your enthusiasm and participation but some really should stay dead and buried. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts