Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 months in and it doesn't work?!! No warning on the dash? No wonder people are almost rear ending the car more often. Double check yours.

Reactions: MikeThinks

·
Registered
182 Posts
We had a similar situation with our 500c. The retracting roof mechanism had cut the wire to the light assembly. The dealer fixed it quickly and secured the wire so it would not happen again. 6500 miles later and no further issues. Good luck with this lorvar.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a similar situation with our 500c. The retracting roof mechanism had cut the wire to the light assembly. The dealer fixed it quickly and secured the wire so it would not happen again. 6500 miles later and no further issues. Good luck with this lorvar.
JAFA500, we don't get the free maint here in Canada. I think our warranties are different from the US also. 3y/36km bumper to bumper and 5y/100km power train. I have a 5/160km bumper to bumper since we put a lot of mileage per month. WLDTOPO, how long did it take them to fix it? Just want to schedule the time factor in.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You shouldn't be behind your car when braking anyways, that said it'll be little to no cost for repair hopefully, if it was something more serious I'd imagine there'd be other signs and you'd certainly know about it.
Lol, I noticed it yesterday when my wife pulled out of the driveway, but thought I was seeing things. I confirmed it today.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It took about an hour. It was an easy fix and we have a great dealer who jumped right on it. If I am not mistaken, I believe the 3rd brake light is LED. If so, the odds of it burning out are slim to none. Let us know what you find out. Thanks...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Dropping off the car tomorrow evening for Thursday service. I'll let you know then.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Have you tried using your third brake? I mean, if you aren't using it...it's not going to light up.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Have you tried using your third brake? I mean, if you aren't using it...it's not going to light up.
You have FAR TOO MUCH time on your hands!:)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Makes sense. I asked her if she's using both feet to stop. She said no. Women.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Women. Can't live with them.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Try an e-brake turn. Mabey that 3rd light is hooked up to that:D
I'll tell her that, then she'll wonder why she's facing the other way every time she comes to a light.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just because that happens to you, doesn't mean it will happen to her :)
She should have the same experiences I do, after all, till death do us part, or something like that.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Thanks. Dropping off the car tomorrow evening for Thursday service. I'll let you know then.
LORVAR:

Im sorry to learn of your disatisfaction with this early fault, as well as the inconvenience involved in taking it to a dealer for such a small, quick repair as this seems to be. Possibly, the bulb needs changing and can be self-installed. If it is something more in depth, your local Studio will address it per the terms of the manufacture's warranty. Please keep me posted on its progress and if you need any further assistance in this matter.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LORVAR:

Im sorry to learn of your disatisfaction with this early fault, as well as the inconvenience involved in taking it to a dealer for such a small, quick repair as this seems to be. Possibly, the bulb needs changing and can be self-installed. If it is something more in depth, your local Studio will address it per the terms of the manufacture's warranty. Please keep me posted on its progress and if you need any further assistance in this matter.
Although I have swapped my own engines and transmissions on my driveway, I don't believe I should have to touch anything on my own considering that I bought the extended warranty that covers me for such nonsense for 5 years or 160,000 km. Yes it's an inconvenience, but hey, that's life.

Here's the list so far

Seats won't fold down without wrestling them down
Clock too slow
Door hinge loose
Rear seat headrests impossible to put back in
Rear brake light malfunction
Winter tires vibrate at low speeds
Brakes squeal on cold starts
Body panels not aligned
Interior scratches too easily
Red leather turns dirty, quick

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Although I have swapped my own engines and transmissions on my driveway, I don't believe I should have to touch anything on my own considering that I bought the extended warranty that covers me for such nonsense for 5 years or 160,000 km. Yes it's an inconvenience, but hey, that's life.

Here's the list so far

Seats won't fold down without wrestling them down
Clock too slow
Door hinge loose
Rear seat headrests impossible to put back in
Rear brake light malfunction
Winter tires vibrate at low speeds
Brakes squeal on cold starts
Body panels not aligned
Interior scratches too easily
Red leather turns dirty, quick
Lorvar:

Most of that list can be addressed by your local Studio; I agree...when you spend money on an extended warranty there is very little (other than maintenance) that should be your responsibility and require getting your hands dirty.

a) the winter tires- if you have snow tires on vehicle they may not be properly balanced which is causing slight vibration at low speeds.

b) squeaking brakes- although I cannot diagnosis anything over the internet, semi-metallic brake pads are prone to squeaking upon start up, especially during extreme cold. Allow the brake pads and rotors to warm up. The noise should lessen.All other concerns, please visit your local Studio to have them addressed. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts