Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! That is nice! But I don't even want to know what the insurance will cost on that sucker.
Insurance wise, my Cabrio is the same price as my six year old Volvo S60trade in. My Volvo had 245 hp, turbo and AWD. This car couldn't be more than $150 more from what I pay now.

·
Registered
650 Posts

Now there's a proper pair of seats for this vehicle... I have no idea why they'd package the dinky version that they did for the North American release of the Abarth.

Looks beautiful, but I'd never consider purchasing a soft-top version due to the harsh Canadian winters. Personally, I need a version of the car that I can drive all year round.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Now there's a proper pair of seats for this vehicle... I have no idea why they'd package the dinky version that they did for the North American release of the Abarth.

Looks beautiful, but I can't ever imagine myself purchasing a version like due to the harsh Canadian winters. I need a car that I can drive all year round.
We drive ours in the winter, no issues

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe you can get those seats! I just can't remember where on the internet I saw them. A Bit $$$$$ though... Not in that color however which I think is ok because the ones we are getting in the US you can't get that color interior... If i can find them again I will post a link on here.

·
Registered
650 Posts
We drive ours in the winter, no issues
Besides my concern for weather conditions, it would bother me to only have the opportunity to thoroughly enjoy it less than six months a year.

I know it's no comparison, but my first car was a Chevy Geo (Suzuki Tracker) with a removable hard top. I think I must have removed the hard top two days a year, at most. The heat from the cabin area always dissipated quickly during the winter months, and road noise was always significant.

I think it's a great feature. :) If I we lived in a better climate, I'd reconsider my opinion on it.

I believe you can get those seats! I just can't remember where on the internet I saw them. A Bit $$$$$ though... Not in that color however which I think is ok because the ones we are getting in the US you can't get that color interior... If i can find them again I will post a link on here.
Yes indeed. The Abarth Corse seats by Sabelt, which also weigh 10 kilos less than the standard seats. They cost around £2000, last time I checked. I'm considering skipping out on the sportier optional in the North American version and pooling money towards the Abarth Corse as a future purchase instead. ;)

EDIT: May not be to everyone's preference, but I love the Venom's version of the seats the most:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Reactions: GoGurt321

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
These are the fancy leather US Abarth seats. Look nothing like what OP posted above. Love the ones above.

·
Registered
650 Posts
are those a direct volt on?

Sent from my Argento 500
Don't quote me on it, but I believe so. So far the biggest issue I was reading about is that they pose a potential air bag issue for the North American market, which would potentially explain the different seats we are being offered.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't quote me on it, but I believe so. So far the biggest issue I was reading about is that they pose a potential air bag issue for the North American market, which would potentially explain the different seats we are being offered.
Plus they would want to keep costs down especially in the NA market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts