Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
unfortunately 3DSteve...you're correct. ALWAYS avoid a girl with an adams apple!:p

and yes your correct too about always inspecting a car, new or used, when taking delivery. when they had you the keys and you drive it off the lot, IT'S YOURS. lots of things can happen from the last time you saw or drove the car to the time you take it home.

as it is with anything......a house, TV, etc....it's always buyer beware. take responsibility yourself to ensure your purchase is what you think it should be. its not always a case of the seller trying to pull a fast one on you. if you don't see the defects/issues when you take it home, maybe they didn't either. maybe.

best of luck to you in dealing with your issues. :)

Sorry to hear about all the defects. Fact is, I thought I was very attentive looking at the engine, asking lots of questions, looking at the car from every angle... but I still missed a couple things. The saleswoman actually caught one - the passenger side of the shifter-boot was popped out. I never saw it having only sat in the driver's seat. The other - car tends to pull a bit to the left when on the highway - I just didn't catch it during the test drive. I'm confident that a simple alignment is all that is needed, and that my 'studio' will take good car of my new car.... I think I'll name it after a beautiful famous Italian Model or actress, lol.

paint issues on a new car are always perplexing - do you get them fixed and have them resprayed , which typically does not last as long as the factory finish and could have color match issues, or just say F it and drive the car as is.

Luckily my car has had no paint issues whatsoever (other than a rock chip but thats not a defect), and I partially attribute its paint quality to it's color (white) and lack of complexity (no pearl or metallic in the paint).

We would naturally assume they inspect cars before leaving the factory, must be pretty easy to spot defects if that's your day job. I don't think robots are advanced enough that they have bad days and mess up some samples and not others (like my Pop which is 1.5 years and has exhibited no defects).

It would be ideal if Chrysler could completely control the supply chain, having all of its own identical transport vehicles. However once the cars leave the factory anything can happen to the exterior.

Definitely excessive, Steve.

Yes. You should have noticed those glaring defects from word go. No. You should not have left the 'studio' with even the initial defect. But that doesn't excuse shady business on the part of the 'studio'. I've posted this ad nausea ~ Those 'studios' represent an entire brand. Their bad practices come to define FIAT in NA.

I hope this kind of stuff isn't still happening.

I have found the odd small problem in the past which of coarse I missed mostly due to the time of day and went back the next morning and never had any problems getting things fixed. I guess I am saying the quicker the better for you on bringing up defects. My eyesight has been failing for the last several years and even with my wife and a buddy looking over my last car we missed a very small scuff on the rim-1/8th inch and a small piece of rubber missing from the tire. The dealer replaced both the rim and tire right quick like.

Let me know what they say about the off-center steering wheel. Mine is angled to the left, and is getting pretty annoying. Have taken it to the studio twice and they keep saying there's nothing wrong with it, along with other things they haven't been able to fix for me.
Can I take my warranty issues to a different Fiat Studio than the one I bought it from?

Let me know what they say about the off-center steering wheel. Mine is angled to the left, and is getting pretty annoying. Have taken it to the studio twice and they keep saying there's nothing wrong with it, along with other things they haven't been able to fix for me.
Can I take my warranty issues to a different Fiat Studio than the one I bought it from?

Yes

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.