Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten three notifications in three days - 'The wheel lug nut wrench may break' see your dealer recall, the 'diagnostic link connector cover isn't up to standards' see your dealer recall, and 'sunroof hex wrench wasn't put into your glove box during vehicle manufacturing' here is a hex wrench package.

I'm going to feel like I've been forgotten about if I don't get another note tomorrow!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just got a roof rack hex wrench in the mail today... no other recalls included (yippee.) I had thought having a sun roof I couldn't have a roof rack?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got two in the last two days; lug nut wrench and DLC cover. I talked to the Fiat Customer Service today just to make sure systems captured my last oil change and the additional service conducted as a result of the repairs. They were up to date. The customer service representative was very helpfull.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The hex wrench is for manual operation of the sunroof in case the electric motor should fail for some reason. However, for early cars like mine, manufactured February 2011, there is no access hole covered with a plug in the headliner. So to use the wrench I would have to damage the headliner.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The hex wrench is for manual operation of the sunroof in case the electric motor should fail for some reason. However, for early cars like mine, manufactured February 2011, there is no access hole covered with a plug in the headliner. So to use the wrench I would have to damage the headliner.
March build here so I would guess I may be in the same place...sigh.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
theres a cover for the diagnostic link connector?
Mine is just out there in plain view...

·
Registered
65 Posts
My DLC cover is also gone. It was in for 24,000 mile service a few weeks ago, and they must have grabbed it then. I'll have to check my wifes when she gets home tomorrow (yes we have two 500's and got the notice for both). The only reason I can think of for this is the cover might have trapped moisture (say from humidity) in the connector, and somebody saw deterioration/corrosion of the plating on the DLC connector contacts.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got a small laminated sign in the mail that said, "No; J-Lo is not in the trunk" to hold up at traffic lights.

Plus I got the two recall notices too. The dealer gave me the lug wrench at my oil change already.

PS ---- what happens if you don't take the cover off? Will the car explode like on Monty Python or something?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Then why do they call it a sunroof roof rack hex wrench? Note roof rack... and that it fits the hex bolts in the doors meant for a roof rack?!?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
So, what's the deal with removing the DLC cover? Any real reason to do that?
I can't see any true reason this matters and mine remains in place and will continue to be retained unless I forget to remove it one day before service is rendered. I too have gotten all three notices now and am also curious about the usage of the wrench for the sunroof.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts