Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone haave any idea how the audio is sorted when played from a thumb drive? I listen to a podcast (http://www.mikeomearashow.com/) for my commute and they label their shows by date. I tried loading them to the thumb drive and they were all out of order when I tried to play them. Anyone have a clue how I can order them correctly? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
How To Manage The Media Library With the media player you can select the audio files stored on your USB device/iPod, using voice commands or steering wheel buttons. NOTE: For the best use of Blue&Me™ it is recom- mended to use USB devices with maximum capacity of 32 GB You can scroll audio files by folder, artist, genre, album or playlist and then select the required category using voice commands. After selecting the required category, select the required file using manual controls. Enter track data (e.g.: title, artist, album, genre) for surfing your media library friendly. NOTE: J Not all formats can support media info. The.mp3 and.wma,.aac recognized by Blue&Me™ can support media info whereas the.wav format files do not. If no media info is entered, audio files can only be selected by folder. Selection by folder Track folders on your USB device/iPod are displayed in the FOLDERS menu (not available for most iPods). To select tracks through manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu and select MEDIA PLAYER , then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select FOLDERS , then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll folders. To play all folders, select PLAY ALL and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To display folder tracks, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll the selected folder tracks. To play the required track, select the title and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, by using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Me- dia Player” then pronounce “Advanced USB options” and finally pronounce “Folders”. Scroll folders. To play all folder, select PLAY ALL and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To display folder tracks, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll the selected folder tracks. To play the required track, select the title and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Selection by artist To select the tracks of a special artist using manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu, select MEDIA PLAYER , and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select ARTISTS and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll artists. To select the required artist, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, by using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Me- dia Player” then pronounce “Advanced USB options” and finally pronounce “Artists”. Scroll the artist’s albums. To play all the albums of the required artist, select PLAY ALL and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play an album by the selected artist, select the required album and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play a track by the selected artist, select the title and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll the artist’s albums. To play all the albums of the required artist, select PLAY ALL and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play an album by selected artist, select the required album and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play a track by selected artist, select the title and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. NOTE: If your USB device/iPod contains many audio files, the ARTISTS menu can be subdivided into alpha- betical sub-menus. Alphabetical sub-menu can display just the first letter of the tracks it contains (e.g.: A-F), or it can display the first two letters (e.g.: Aa-Ar). Selection by genre To select the tracks of a special genre using manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu, select MEDIA PLAYER , and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select GENRES and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, by using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Me- dia Player” then pronounce “Advanced USB options” and finally pronounce “Genre”. Scroll genres. To play all the tracks of the displayed genre, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. NOTE: If your USB device/iPod contains many audio files, the GENRES menu can be subdivided into alpha- betical sub-menus. Alphabetical sub-menu can display just the first letter of the tracks it contains (e.g.: A-F), or it can display the first two letters (e.g.: Aa- Ar). Selection by album To select an album using manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu, select MEDIA PLAYER , and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select ALBUMS and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll albums. To select the displayed album, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll the album tracks. To play all the tracks in the album, select PLAY ALL and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play an album, select it and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play just one track, select the track title and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, by using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Me- dia Player” then pronounce “Advanced USB options” and finally pronounce “Albums”. Scroll albums. To select the displayed album, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll the album tracks. To play all the tracks in the album, select PLAY ALL and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. To play just one track, select the track title and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. NOTE: If your USB device/iPod contains many audio files, the ALBUMS menu can be subdivided into alpha- betical sub-menus. Alphabetical sub-menu can display just the first letter of the tracks it contains (e.g.: A-F), or it can display the first two letters (e.g.: Aa- Ar). Selection by playlist Playlists stored in your USB device/iPod can be dis- played with the PLAYLISTS menu. To select a playlist using manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu, select MEDIA PLAYER , and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select PLAYLISTS and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Scroll playlists. To play the displayed playlist, press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, by using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Me- dia Player” then pronounce “Advanced USB options” and finally pronounce “Playlists”. NOTE: For further details on how to build playlists, refer to section PRACTICAL HINTS. Playing Audio Tracks NOTE: For managing audio files on iPod or iPhone devices, see “TECHNOLOGIES SUPPORTED BY Blue&Me™ , “Managing audio files from iPod devices” paragraph. Shuffle playback of the whole media library Option “PLAY ANYTHING” shall be used to play quickly the whole content of your media library at random. To start “PLAY ANYTHING” using manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu, select MEDIA PLAYER , and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select PLAY ANYTHING and press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Me- dia Player” then pronounce “Advanced USB options” and finally pronounce “Play Anything”. For further details on digital audio files playback, refer to section “DIGITAL AUDIO SELECTION”. Now playing (track data) With the NOW PLAYING option you can display current track data for 15 seconds. To start this option using manual interaction, proceed as follows: Launch the Main Menu, select MEDIA PLAYER , and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Select NOW PLAYING and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Or, using voice interaction: Press steering wheel button and pronounce “Now playing”. NOTE: When the playback of a digital audio track is started, the relevant track data will be automatically displayed for 15 seconds. Audio play To start playing an audio file using manual interaction, proceed as follows: If “AUTOPLAY” option is on, connect your USB device/ iPod to Blue&Me™ : track playback will start automati- cally. SETTINGS FUNCTION - MEDIA PLAYER. You can also select the required audio file and then press PRESET UP/OK on the rear of the steering wheel. Some of the info from the FIAT 500 USA Navigation and Multimedia Manual, I have it in PDF form so perhaps I could send it to you if needed, sorry I didn't re-type things for a better layout and just pasted it over so it looks a bit weird here I'm sure. Hope it somehow helps though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does anyone haave any idea how the audio is sorted when played from a thumb drive?
I have no idea what Tweak's going on about. On my car, the system default order seems to be timestamp of the file itself, so the first song I copied to the drive plays first, and so on. Annoyingly, several default files on my iPod (low battery warning, please connect to iTunes) play first since they pre-date anything I loaded.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I have no idea what Tweak's going on about. On my car, the system default order seems to be timestamp of the file itself, so the first song I copied to the drive plays first, and so on. Annoyingly, several default files on my iPod (low battery warning, please connect to iTunes) play first since they pre-date anything I loaded.
Just a copy & paste from the manual about some of the playback specifics for Blue & Me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know, I was kidding. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! Next time I have a question - I'll just go RTFM! LOL! Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries epb, and mneuman there is a good bit more in the manual but I won't be copying that over, the above looks like an insane amount and without properly formatting it is overwhelming to have to weed through.
One of the things I've been wanting to do and have yet to is call Fiat and get a proper paper manual sent. The cd is just a PITA. It's much too cumbersome to bring your laptop in the bathroom with you for some light reading. :D

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
One of the things I've been wanting to do and have yet to is call Fiat and get a proper paper manual sent. The cd is just a PITA. It's much too cumbersome to bring your laptop in the bathroom with you for some light reading. :D
I have 4 PDF manuals and one eBrochure for the FIAT if you'd like any or all of them I am happy to share. I also have the manual that came with the car and the one on the DVD but some of these are from online sources right after I bought my 500, one may be the same as what is on the DVD but I cannot recall, all your and anyone else that wants it. Download for 4 Fiat 500 manuals and 1 eBrochure: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-b953d16d.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
Though I've usually got my iPad with me, yeah, I'm glad I got the paper ones for quick flip-thrus. Took about 3 days to get them from Chrysler via UPS, by the way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I find it odd people did not get a paper manual, mine came with a red leather-like wallet and paper manual as well as the DVD based information and manual.
I - and I suspect mneuman916 - got that as well. The paper manual that comes with the car is a quick guide and doesn't contain all of the content on the DVD. The full manual is ~300 pages and has everything.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I - and I suspect mneuman916 - got that as well. The paper manual that comes with the car is a quick guide and doesn't contain all of the content on the DVD. The full manual is ~300 pages and has everything.
Good to know! I never paid much attention to it since I have so many PDF manuals to look to, it is in fact a "User Guide" and is comprised of 68 pages.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts