Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience this? It's intermittent but loud enough to hear/bother me every once in a while. It sounds like it's coming from above the dome lights near the area where the sunroof rests.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I haven't heard anything like that on my car. Is it all the time or is it only when the lights are on?

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like it's coming from above the lights. Having the lights on or off doesn't affect it. It just sounds like to things are clanking together and I can't figure out what's causing the issue

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes or no:
When the car is off and sitting still?
When the electrics (but not engine) are on and sitting still?
when the engine is on, but sitting still?
When the car is in motion on a smooth road?
When the car is in motion on a bumpy road?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes or no:
When the car is off and sitting still? No
When the electrics (but not engine) are on and sitting still? No
when the engine is on, but sitting still? No
When the car is in motion on a smooth road? No
When the car is in motion on a bumpy road? Yes
I believe it has something to do with the sunroof because it only happens when the sunroof is closed

·
Registered
453 Posts
ok, good, at least it's narrowed down. I don't think mine makes any noise like that (and I have a sunroof). I'll listen next time I'm on the road. If it's annoying, better talk to the dealer before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone else experience this? It's intermittent but loud enough to hear/bother me every once in a while. It sounds like it's coming from above the dome lights near the area where the sunroof rests.
Just curious, did you find out the issue? I have the same noise from my dome light area. I have my car stored for winter so it won't be able to go to the dealer for at least couple of months.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone know of a fix or the cause of the noise in the dome light area?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anyone know of a fix or the cause of the noise in the dome light area?
Rock,

Does this noise happen when the vehicle is driving or in idle? I see that you had your Fiat in storage is it out now? Have you been able to drive it to see if the noise is still there? If you are having any concerns that you are unable to pin point I would recommend having it looked at by your Studio. If you would like assistance reviewing the problem feel free to PM and I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

·
Registered
954 Posts
On a Dodge of mine the lights have a plastic lens that rattles - you push in on the entire light assembly to turn it on. The ligt sort of floats in the overhead console with a switch being placed above it.
Are these like that on the Fiat? If so, they probably rattle in their position when traveling down the road. Slight pressure on the light lens might quell the noise if it is the cause. Reach up and touch it next time you hear it and see. Judging by some pics I saw on amazon for led's for the dome light, it appears to be similar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I still have not taken the car out yet due to salt on the roads still. And it only happens when driving it. As I'm driving, I get the passenger to hold the dome light assembly tight against the roof of the car and it goes away. It was kind of hard to find the noise at first, almost sound like in the area of the bottom of the windshield. What I did do was upgrade my dome lights to LED and while apart I wedged a couple of pieces of cardboard inside the assembly where it mounts to the roof to help eliminate the ticking/rubbing sound. If it works, I'll take a picture of where I wedged the cardboard. Thanks for your concern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts