Fiat 500 Forum banner

Tips and Tricks from YOU, the members

49K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  EricDByrd 
#1 ·
I went through the thread "things-about-fiat-you-didnt-know-but-now-do" and removed what I thought was the factual information , making a PDF called Tips and Tricks, which "Tweak" put up on his Google Drive.
Below is a link to the file for you to get to.
It is 10 pages (compared to 66) but is still too large a file for me to put up here so Tweak is handling it for us this way.
Anyway, take a look and see what you think. I emailed myself a copy to my IPhone so I can get to it in case there was something I remembered reading about and wanted to look at again.
Richard

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBfEvk_xDXUNU9OZGZzTkhwWFdVWU82TXY0emRRbEttZVFn/edit?usp=sharing

#22 ·
I went through the thread "things-about-fiat-you-didnt-know-but-now-do" and removed what I thought was the factual information , making a PDF called Tips and Tricks, which "Tweak" put up on his Google Drive.
It is 10 pages (compared to 66) but is still too large a file for me to put up here so Tweak is handling it for us this way.
Anyway, take a look and see what you think. I emailed myself a copy to my IPhone so I can get to it in case there was something I remembered reading about and wanted to look at again.
Richard

Tips and Tricks.pdf
another tip - if you can’t fill the gas tank without the pump stopping after 0.1 gallon filled - your rollover valve is stuck. Remove rear seat (two bolts) , lift seat and unscrew cover whereyou will find the valve. Wack it a few times and you are good to go.
many have had new gas tanks or vent lines installed which is a waste and not a fix.
Don’t overfill or top off the gas tank to avoid a reoccurrence.

#27 ·
another tip - if you can’t fill the gas tank without the pump stopping after 0.1 gallon filled - your rollover valve is stuck. Remove rear seat (two bolts) , lift seat and unscrew cover whereyou will find the valve. Wack it a few times and you are good to go.
many have had new gas tanks or vent lines installed which is a waste and not a fix.
Don’t overfill or top off the gas tank to avoid a reoccurrence.
Hello, sorry to bother you but, do you still have a copy of the Tips and Tricks that Greybeard had posted a few years back? if you do, would you mind sending it to me? I Love my car...I just don't want to pay $ for something that there was a trick to! Thank You in advance for any help you can provide!

#28 ·
Richard

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBfEvk_xDXUNU9OZGZzTkhwWFdVWU82TXY0emRRbEttZVFn/edit?usp=sharing
UH-OH, PAGE NOT FOUND!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.