Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once i pick up the Fiat 500 I will want to keep it looking like new all the time.

I had used cars that were neglected or just weren't looked after properly, and the work involved just to keep them looking good is A LOT, especially if you want that NEW look like it rolled off the dealership floor.

What do you/would you do to keep the Fiat 500 looking good?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I wash it whenever the weather is nice. At least once a week. I also put down a good wax coat on it the week I got it. Park in the far reaches of the lot so no one dings the car. It's worth the extra walking distance and you can enjoy the shape of the car when you walk back. Watch what you bring inside the car. A few crumbs add up to a nightmarish cleaning job. Also make sure passengers are aware that you're trying to keep the car clean.

Simply, just give it a once over every week. I work at a Mercedes dealership, and some of the cars that come in look like they haven't had a wash or vacuum in years.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Park it in the garage, clean it when it gets dirty and wax it more that you think you should.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
  • For the upholstery, with a tee shirt or other loose weave cloth, you can cover those powerful but dirty commercial vacuum hoses.
  • A car duster is good to have for pollen (not to be used on glass).
  • Waxing is important - if I get to feeling guilty, I at least wax the top-facing surfaces that bear the brunt of the sun.
  • You don't need (or want) a high pressure stream of water to remove dirt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
NEVER use a car duster!!!

Look at cars that the owner has used a duster, in direct sunlight and you can see the nice straight scratches. If you look at pollen under a microscope you will see that it has very sharp edges that will scratch your clear coat.

Wash the car using lots of water to help lift the pollen off.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
NEVER use a car duster!!!

Look at cars that the owner has used a duster, in direct sunlight and you can see the nice straight scratches. If you look at pollen under a microscope you will see that it has very sharp edges that will scratch your clear coat.

Wash the car using lots of water to help lift the pollen off.
The dust is not sitting on clear coat (in my case), it's sitting on a wax coat. Plus you must follow the instructions carefully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts