Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people just take their tire pressure for granted. They don't realize it plays a big role on how their car handles as well as their gas mileage. Lowering your tire pressure increase grip but also decreases gas mileage. While increasing your tire pressure reduces grip but improves gas mileage. Just wondering what you guys use for tire pressure on your daily drivers? Personally I run 38 for my fronts and 42 for my rears on my rwd car. I found that I get pretty good gas mileage and also decent grip with that setup.

·
Registered
98 Posts
my daily driver is a little prone to oversteer whenever it rains. so i put 36 in the fronts and 30 in the rear. helps keep the cars handling balanced.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I do the same, around 35-36. :)
I don't believe the pressure matters, as long as it is within the max for the tire and the min on the sill plate. The old rule used to be 32 psi, but with the modern tires, you can usually go with 36. That's only the cold pressure, actual pressure will vary according to conditions anyway.

I just got my 500 and those bums gave me Firestone tires! I guess that's the punishment for getting a sweet deal on the Pop.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Recommended tire pressure on the sticker of my Lounge is 33 front/30 rear and I will keep it that way ...

Was running 35 front and rear on my Michelin winter tires for only one day - ride was way to bumpy though :mad:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Recommended tire pressure on the sticker of my Lounge is 33 front/30 rear and I will keep it that way ...

Was running 35 front and rear on my Michelin winter tires for only one day - ride was way to bumpy though :mad:
I wonder why the recommended pressures are different on my T? What are pressures fir a Sport?

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Size of tires and weight of the car. And the desired ride.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I get better MPG, better overall wear, and honestly, no real difference in ride quality.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts