Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i emailed tire rack regarding wobble bolts since when you order OZ wheels and some others you get a note in your cart saying the wheels are 4x100 but they will include all the proper hardware to run 4x100. I just got an email back saying they don't recommend that nor do they provide those bolts.

Hub?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
where the wheels specified for the Fiat? Interesting.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
i emailed tire rack regarding wobble bolts since when you order OZ wheels and some others you get a note in your cart saying the wheels are 4x100 but they will include all the proper hardware to run 4x100. I just got an email back saying they don't recommend that nor do they provide those bolts.

Hub?

good for them. I have gotten nothing but GREAT service out of Tire Rack for the 20 years I've dealt with them. I think if they had any wheel with a 4x100 bolt pattern listed for a Fiat 500, it was in error and they're telling you that, in so many words, in their reply.

I for one would NEVER use a bolt pattern other than the exact one of the car. my life and the life of my passengers and others on the road far outweigh me making my car look "HOT". you're just asking for trouble.....but that's MY opinion.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got an e-mail back saying he made a mistake and they do supply wobble bolts for 4x100 to be used on our cars..he said there should be no issues. I agree Id rather use straight 4x98s but the selection isnt great right now

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I got an e-mail back saying he made a mistake and they do supply wobble bolts for 4x100 to be used on our cars..he said there should be no issues. I agree Id rather use straight 4x98s but the selection isnt great right now
4 X 98 is not a common pattern in the USA. Wobbles should be OK for fitting 4X100, according to what I have read.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I hate my family. That's why I chose to use wobble bolts. I don't hate myself, but I figure the motorcycle will do me in.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I hate my family. That's why I chose to use wobble bolts. I don't hate myself, but I figure the motorcycle will do me in.
I can always rely on "Mr Pickles" to start my day off with a smile.....now, where's my Coke? :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
4 X 98 is not a common pattern in the USA. Wobbles should be OK for fitting 4X100, according to what I have read.
The Tire Rack sent me 4x100 wheels with wobble bolts in the fall. No issues except re-torqueing every 100miles or so. Just kidding, no issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What the heck are wobble bolts ??? What a horrible name for a bolt that bolts a wheel to a car. Should be called strongwobblefree bolts !

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I call mine deathbolts. Now with 50% more tragedy!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
What the heck are wobble bolts ??? What a horrible name for a bolt that bolts a wheel to a car. Should be called strongwobblefree bolts !
This: The tapered section 'moves' to center itself.
Screw Fastener Auto part Pipe Metal javascript:popupWindow('http://www....x27-use-5x1143-wheels-on-5x112-pi-3377.html')

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
aircraft use moveable seat bolts. or after than animated gif....Shakira bolts.

btw, my wobbles dont wobble anywhere close to that. Nor do they wobble that freely.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.