Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I've gotten so many flat tires in the Northern VA area that when I bought my Fiat the tire warranty was one of the things I was actually somewhat interested in. I believe that they quoted me $300.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've gotten so many flat tires in the Northern VA area that when I bought my Fiat the tire warranty was one of the things I was actually somewhat interested in. I believe that they quoted me $300.

Regards

Pat
What were the terms?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Looking over the paperwork, it looks like it includes both "roadside assistance" and "road hazard tire and wheel protection".

As a brief summary, it appears to say that it covers the repair of the tire or the full replacement of the tire if repair is not possible. Also, reimbursement to repair wheel damage is covered and/or cost to replace the wheel to the extent it fails to seal with the tire. It says that it will pay the total cost associated with the repair or replacement of tires and/or wheels plus labor charges consisting of mounting, balancing, valve stems, and taxes to 'correct the tire and/or wheel damage caused by a road hazard".

It also says tires/wheels are used to replace the damaged tire/wheel using the current retail market value of the replaced tire/wheel. It says that "a road hazard condition' is considered to be "unavoidable deformities or cracks caused by unexpected materials found in normally traveled roadways" such as "chuckholes, potholes, jagged metal, or glass".

It also indicates that the plan coverage will end 7 years from the date of purchase of the plan and that "the benefits for tire repair or replacement expire the early of (a) when the service contract term ends, (b) when four (4) tire replacement claims have been processed, or (c) when the four (4) tire's tread depth wears below 2/32" and (d) when four (4) wheel replacement claims have been processed. -- [I'm a little confused about the use of the "and's" and "or's" in the wording of the paperwork that they provided]

Finally, it lists about a page of conditions that it does not cover, including:

- stuff already covered by the manufacturers warranty or recall policies
- anything that can be shown to have existed before purchase
- stuff where the odometer has been altered
- regular maintenance stuff
- stuff caused by "failure to properly care for" or maintain the vehicle
- stuff caused by fire, accident, abuse, vandalism, negligence or act of God (like snow ice or flood, etc)
- stuff caused by failure to properly operate the vehicle
- vehicles that have been used or are currently being used for competitive speed events
- pulling a trailer in excess of rated capacity, etc
- stuff where the emissions system (or any parts that could affect system) have been tampered with
- use of dirty fuels and fluids, etc
- failures die to fluid contamination or sludge
- stuff due to modifications not approved or recommended by the manufacturer
- willful damage
- damage due to collisions and normal wear and tear, etc
- tire or wheel damage or towing resulting from "intentional vehicle off-road use"
- damage to the tire pressure monitoring system that is not a result of a road hazard
- loss of use of the vehicles, or loss of time, etc

Anyway there is a fair bit more listed as well, and you should probably consult with the dealer to get a fuller description but hopefully this might help with some of your questions.

Regards

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts