Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used my Fiat/Tomtom navigation that came with my car a couple times. It works pretty good. The interface good be better. My biggest gripe is about, where it positioned on the dash. Right in the line of the drivers vision. It really blocks the view of the road. I have to turn down the brightness. Really too bright for night driving. Wish it was more centered, on the dash. Any body else have this issue?

Also curious if this thing work with the blue and me. If you can input a address, with the VR voice control?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
too bright for night driving? doesn't yours switch to 'night vision'? the background is black with the streets in blue? mine switches automatically, as if it senses how much daylight there is.

as for the line of vision thing......I don't have a problem with that! :p

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
you could try raising your drivers seat. I agree that, at first, it was a bit ackward to have it there but now, if I remove it for some reason, I feel kinda 'lost'....pardon the pun. just isn't the same.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with F500, feels odd without it. I haven't had a problem with it being too bright. I like haveing the ipod info. If it was more centered it would be hard to reach for me. Got me curious about talking to it though, that would be cool.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F500, BPLounge, you guys and I must have the only navigation systems. I thought about raising the seat height up. Great minds.

BPLounge, it show the iPod info, on the screen? I'll have to try that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dash placement is very annoying. The thing that is upsetting is the unit does traffic however the base does not have an antenna built in so the traffic feature is useless. Also the press releases said it was going to have tom-tom live services and it does not.

Worth 400 extra I'm unsure however I'm glad I have it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I love mine as well, don't use it as much as I'd like but did anyone else read originally in the brochures and online that it was suppose to included supported real-time traffic and weather report? I tried to switch to that setting and it asked me to plug in the receiver allow that feature.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I love mine as well, don't use it as much as I'd like but did anyone else read originally in the brochures and online that it was suppose to included supported real-time traffic and weather report? I tried to switch to that setting and it asked me to plug in the receiver allow that feature.
yea, I'm disappointed in that too. I went on the TomTom site and it said that this Blue & Me 2 version does not support "Live Traffic". bummer........maybe something that can be added later with a software update, I hope. otherwise....not sure its worth the $$$. fun, but not $400 worth of fun.

and for the record, I'm old and don't give a rats @$$ about music, so I don't have an i-Pod, an i-Phone or an i-anything for that matter. :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am old too, well to some, at 61, but the tom tom media feature encouraged me to use my ipod in my car for the first time, because being old I need reading glasses to see the ipod text and did not want to try and read an ipod while driving. So I always had a bunch of cd's in the car. Now no cd's, but thousands of songs...that I can read on the tom tom with no glasses. I have every music media that I have ever bought all the way back to vinyl from the 60's, cassettes, cd's and now digital. Thousands of albums...that I can now put in my pocket.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I like the TomTom, i don't use it a lot, but i like that it displays the iPod info or call info. My favorite thing is how if i get low on gas, it alerts me then asks if i want to find the closest gas station. My only issue is the automatic date/time setting. It always thinks I'm in Chicago, Illinois, when I'm actually in near Fort Worth, Texas. The mapping is correct and so is the time and date but I'm not in chicago. I guess they are both on central time zone but still.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.