Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone is interested in ordering any part of the TomTom GPS, here are some PN's and prices:

TomTom Nav Unit PN 82212713AA.......List Price: N/A (does not show as a valid PN with MOPAR, but this is the Accessory Kit PN that TomTom/FIAT supplies the Studios for the vehicles that have the factory installed units. I will update when info is available)

In Dash Port PN 1RY35JD7AA.......List Price: $108.00

Mount Bracket PN 4725917AA.....List Price: $214.00

yep, expensive. if you're at all interested in the TomTom Nav, you're much better off ORDERING IT WITH YOUR CAR. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats weird in the accessory pamphlet from the studio. You can order a Garmin unit.:confused:
yep.....for some reason, the "Accessory" NAV Unit is a Garmin but the OE Factory Installed one is a TomTom. as far as I can tell though, the Garmin will not mate up with the Factory Installed Mount Bracket.

while I thought the mounting of the factory unit was a bit 'odd', after having my car for over 4 months, I feel naked without having it up there on the dash. pretty much drive with it mounted all the time.

one of these days, I'll get around to updating it online and doing some other settings. :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Someone stole my Tom Tom Nav unit from my glove box ... grrrrr. Does anyone know where I can buy another one?

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Someone stole my Tom Tom Nav unit from my glove box ... grrrrr. Does anyone know where I can buy another one?

At the dealership. $$$$$$$. Be a lot cheaper to buy a aftermarket, from Best Buy etc. Won't have all the feature the OEM would.

Sorry!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wish that someone had told me that the Tom Tom unit actually gave you better access to the iPod controls. I didn't get the Nav unit and I now I am regretting it just for the ease of use. The voice control isn't working well for me (too many menus) and same with the menu controls on the steering wheel. Takes too long to get to the playlist or artist that I want.

Is it really that much easier with the Tom Tom?

·
Registered
859 Posts
The TomTom touch screen media player interface is easier.
Use an iphone instead of a USB stick and then you can use the controls on the phone.

I wish that someone had told me that the Tom Tom unit actually gave you better access to the iPod controls. I didn't get the Nav unit and I now I am regretting it just for the ease of use. The voice control isn't working well for me (too many menus) and same with the menu controls on the steering wheel. Takes too long to get to the playlist or artist that I want.

Is it really that much easier with the Tom Tom?

·
Registered
666 Posts
The TomTom touch screen media player interface is easier.
Use an iphone instead of a USB stick and then you can use the controls on the phone.
When I try to open the Music App on my iPhone, it says that the iPod is attached. No control from the iPhone. Same with my 60 GB iPod (which is what I want to use since it sits hidden away in the glovebox)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sorry - I was forgetting - that is with a BlueTooth adapter plugged into the AUX port that I have.

When I try to open the Music App on my iPhone, it says that the iPod is attached. No control from the iPhone. Same with my 60 GB iPod (which is what I want to use since it sits hidden away in the glovebox)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: the pops and clicks in the audio. My last car was a 2010 Mustang with "Ford Sync". Certain phones (namely Blackberries), when wifi was turned ON, made the BT audio stream pop and click. If I turned wifi off, the BT stream was perfect. Depending on their phones, it may be an RF interference issue.
</threadjack>

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be possible to install a Tom Tom system (including the connector dock in the dash) in a car that didn't have it already?
Im not sure.. if its possible it would be pretty involved and expensive. You would get the same GPS functionality (and save money) from a portable one that plugs into the cigarette lighter

·
Registered
249 Posts
Does anyone know if it would be possible to install a Tom Tom system (including the connector dock in the dash) in a car that didn't have it already?
Yes it is possible. Price would vary based on if you were to do it yourself vs have an audio shop do it vs have a tech do it for you, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts