Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a tool that will allow you to transfer your iTunes playlists and music onto a USB stick. It's actually designed for Android phones but I found that it works absolutely perfectly with the integrated USB Media Player in my Fiat. It even creates compatible playlist files. Everything works exactly as it should.

The program is called DoubleTwist and is available for Windows or Mac OS:

http://www.doubletwist.com/

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Why bother the USB interface sounds terrible compare to a cd or even the aux port. It shouldnt from a tech side
should be
better but must be a low quality D/A converter on the Fiat side :(

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
700 Posts
i just got my pop opened itunes dragged my custom play lists over to my usb drive and all the music was there
plugged it in the car....everything works like a champ

·
Registered
700 Posts
when it transferred the songs they showed up on the usb drive as mp3 files all song information is there and displays correctly on the radio
the music sounds fantastic adjusted base and treble loudness on...wow

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I used the double twist program you suggested and got the same results. Over 40 songs on my 4g kingston - all songs sound fine and are displayed on the panel and the steering wheel controls work the same as with CDs. I like it. I might just get a few more stiks, they take up a lot less space than CDs and you all know how space is at a premium in our our cars. thanks again for the heads-up

·
Registered
700 Posts
i have over 100 songs on my 4g i have lots of room to add more..... dont know how you are transferring songs over where you run out of space and need more usb drives.....

you can add playlists and put them in folders

then select the different folders or songs via voice recognition on blue and me....

just wish i had messaging capabilities to make a text message and listen via blue and me...that would make it really hands free

·
Registered
794 Posts
Why bother the USB interface sounds terrible compare to a cd or even the aux port. It shouldnt from a tech side
should be
better but must be a low quality D/A converter on the Fiat side :(

You think the aux port sounds better? Wow, not in my car. As well, audio input level on the mini-pin aux is really low. Suspect DAC is in your device, not in the car. Certainly a CD would be best, but I've never even used the CD player yet. Must try it, if only to make sure it works.

BTallack; great find! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If they ever get my blue&me system working again I might try that. I didn't know how many songs will actually fit on my stik because I didn't try any more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone! I just bought my 500 yesterday and so far I looove it. I didn't see the instructions in the manual and I haven't even opened the dvd yet--can someone give me a quick rundown on how to operate the controls once I have doubleTwist stuff on my USB stick? Thank you thank you!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hey everyone! I just bought my 500 yesterday and so far I looove it. I didn't see the instructions in the manual and I haven't even opened the dvd yet--can someone give me a quick rundown on how to operate the controls once I have doubleTwist stuff on my USB stick? Thank you thank you!
I would first check www.apple.com for any current updates on your Ipod. The steering wheel controls are behind the wheel (page 183 of your users manual or DVD). Please refer to the Blue & Me DVD that came with the vehicle to show operation of the Ipod as some versions are different than others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts