Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally saw the Abarth LIVE at the Toronto Autoshow today. The FIAT display was well done and there were a lot of cars and overall many people were checking out all the 500 models. There were two Nero fully loaded Abarth's and aparently they are the only two currently in Canada. One was open for the public to checkout and sit in and the other was locked in line with other 500's. The seats were comfortable, the steering wheel feels good in the hand and the shifter feels like it has a shorter throw compared to my Lounge. Overall the car looked great in person and I'm even more excited to get my own.

The Abarth seemed well received, in looks, by the public and it was interesting to hear the references to the Seduction commercial from quite a few people. However, I feel FIAT made a mistake in how they showed the pricing of the car. The car was fully loaded and they showed the price as such on the iPad display for it of $29,900. Although there were a lot of people looking at the car there were many referencing the price and how high it was. It was clear that most people took that pricing as starting and not fully loaded of options. FIAT should have done what many other manufactures showed in their pricing as STARTING and AS EQUIPED.

Here are the prices for the options on the Abarth for Canada:

Premium Leather Faced High Back Performance Seats: $800

17-Inch Forged Aluminum Hyper Black Wheels: $995

Tom Tom Navigation with Blue & Me: $495

SiriusXM Satellite Radio: $295

Mirror Cap (RED) With Bodyside Stripe: $195

Security Alarm: $150

Automatic Temperature Control Air Conditioning with Micron Filter: $175

Power Sunroof: $1200

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was there too. The car looked good and I was happy to see the FIAT display so busy. So I guess if you take out the options the car is 25595 base price.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Abarth starting price is $24,995 so looks like i'm off by $600 on my recollection of the fully optioned MSRP.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I was going to go tomorrow, but I'm too lazy. Post some pics if possible.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks a lot for that pricing info. My dream Abarth has only the white wheels and red mirror caps/stripe. But to keep the value proposition I guess I could live with the base 16's, although i have yet to see them in pictures. I wonder if the base seats are the same shell as the optional leather ones but covered in cloth?

I saw an Abarth on I-75 near Auburn Hills, MI on Saturday. Red. It still looks very tall...lowering springs might still be in order for this car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks a lot for that pricing info. My dream Abarth has only the white wheels and red mirror caps/stripe. But to keep the value proposition I guess I could live with the base 16's, although i have yet to see them in pictures. I wonder if the base seats are the same shell as the optional leather ones but covered in cloth?

I saw an Abarth on I-75 near Auburn Hills, MI on Saturday. Red. It still looks very tall...lowering springs might still be in order for this car.
Here were some pics from a dealer in Las Vegas when a couple of Red Abarths were in town ...

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/ggravant/abarth_lv/?albumview=slideshow

·
Registered
147 Posts
Geez the 17's look a lot better. Actually the white wheels with the red looks amazing!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Geez the 17's look a lot better. Actually the white wheels with the red looks amazing!
I am not sold on the 16s or 17s. I would probably get the 16s initially, then look for an aftermarket option since I normally like to have a set of wheels for winter, and a set for summer.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is heated seats an option on the Abarth?
Although the Canadian FIAT Abarth site shows the option of heated seats it's not in the brochure I picked up on Sunday. I'm hoping that the brochure is wrong but I'm sure it's the web site that is incorrect.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Is heated seats an option on the Abarth?
DWMetro:

As far as I can see it is an option, however, Heated Seats are not included in the Safety &
Convenience Package (ADC) when ordered with a
Manual Transmission (21D).

·
Registered
147 Posts
There must be some funky button arrangement/wiring harness snafu keeping heated seats from being paired with the manual. You can't even get heated seats with the manual Lounge in Canada. I'd like heated seats, but really I am not missing them as much as I had worried I might with the cloth seats in my Sport. One more reason to stay away from the leather seats in the Abarth (although they look so dope).

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DWMetro:

As far as I can see it is an option, however, Heated Seats are not included in the Safety &
Thats an odd way to list it considering it only comes in manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
DWMetro:

I guess the only way to get the heated seats with the Abarth is to go the aftermarket route.....shame for a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Thats an odd way to list it considering it only comes in manual.

RobR:

True.. but thats straight from the sales code guide... I see it as the same kind of head scratcher as the 2013 Viper not having air conditioning ... odd, but I guess not for a straight race car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts