Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I went to drive the 500 again, and asked the stereotypical slimey ignorant salesman about the "special introductory price" as advertised in Canada's National Post newspaper. He tells me, the pop is $15,995. I said, "that's the standard price". He just shrugs and said "Yeah, we're introducing the car, and that's the price." I mentioned that's illegal, but wasn't going to start a fight with the bozo, who also claimed that the convertible (he had no clue what I meant by cabriolet) won't be out til 2013!

I pity anyone who buys from these guys. I expect them to add many questionable fees to any contract as well. Please avoid at all costs! Slime buckets.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Could you just go down to New York to buy? The Canadian and US dollar are nearly 1:1. And the prices are $500 less down here.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not worth the hassle and the paperwork. Actually, we seem to have the better deals, since I can get a Lounge with the gorgeous looking leather in a Manual transmission car. Besides the prices are pretty much identical, most car companies have a 30% premium on cars here. So this car is almost $8,000 less than a similarly equipped Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my car from Maranello FIAT in North Toronto. I had a wonderful delivery experience, Paolo and his staff knew everything about the car and they even gave my son a model "CINQUECENTO". They charged me half the money in registration fees compared to a friend of mine and picking up my FIAT amongst Ferraris and maseratis was a real treat.

I reccomend them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts