Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 500 sold 3,712 this last March in the US. Total US sales this year 8,850 units. Yeah Fiat!!!!!:)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Awwwww yeahhhhhh. I look at the euro forums and they laugh at the fact that we blame the Jlo ads. They say there is nothing wrong with Jlo. They also mentioned there is nothing wrong with wearing crotchless leather dungarees and listening to Cher.

·
Registered
260 Posts
They better get some bigger trains.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
US 2011-2012 total unit sales...........28,619 units total.

Canadian unit
sales: 2011......5,392
2012......2,061 units so far this year!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Amazing what a little cash on the hood can do. Nobody will pay near sticker for a Fiat ever again. OK, maybe for the initial run of the Abarth.

That's my hard side.

My soft side says that continued high gas prices, better marketing, positive consumer word of mouth, and a largely trouble-free launch have led to these positive results. Moreover, the future Fiats and Alfas will benefit from the good vibes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sales in Canada are doing very well, considering the size of our market. Quebec also represents 43% of all Fiat sales in Canada. The Fiat brand will continue to do well in Canada, especially with our high gas prices.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm starting to see more 500's on the road in my area and it makes me smile every time I see one :) They really are great little cars, I'm glad the US market is taking notice of them.

And whatever you may think of Charlie Sheen getting him in an Abarth commercial was a stroke of genius.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Awwwww yeahhhhhh. I look at the euro forums and they laugh at the fact that we blame the Jlo ads. They say there is nothing wrong with Jlo. They also mentioned there is nothing wrong with wearing crotchless leather dungarees and listening to Cher.
Regardless of what most think of the JLo ads they were effective.

FIAT brand awareness:

Before releasing the 500 in NA: 6%
After initial launch up until the JLo ads: 9%
After JLo ads: 30%

It may not have generated sales but it got people talking and recognize that FIAT was back. A 21% jump in brand awareness makes that a successful ad campaign.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Regardless of what most think of the JLo ads they were effective.

FIAT brand awareness:

Before releasing the 500 in NA: 6%
After initial launch up until the JLo ads: 9%
After JLo ads: 30%

It may not have generated sales but it got people talking and recognize that FIAT was back. A 21% jump in brand awareness makes that a successful ad campaign.
Jlo lover,lol

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'm sure if you made pink the sole color of the 500, and gave a free barbie with it the brand awareness would skyrocket. And nobody would be caught dead driving it except the demographic of obsessed single moms into child beauty pageants.

It's bad juju to make it a girl's car. The Abarth and the Abarth Super Bowl ads are setting the record straight. And thats going to help sell cars...

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats not to like about JLo. I didn't buy my car because of her. Not really crazy about coke head, Charlie Sheen. Just a clever commercial.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Whats not to like about JLo. I didn't buy my car because of her. Not really crazy about coke head, Charlie Sheen. Just a clever commercial.
Sheen hater

·
Registered
588 Posts
The 500 sold 3,712 this last March in the US. Total US sales this year 8,850 units. Yeah Fiat!!!!!:)
Super awesome! I have seen SO MANY Fiats in West Los Angeles! Just today, some lady driving without a front license plate AND talking on her cell phone. SO L.A.!

And while I'm not a huge fan of JLo, I have friends who told me they were thinking about getting a FIAT but that they hate JLo, and I'm like "WHAT??? You wouldn't buy a CAR just because of the spokesperson/spokesmodel?" I think that is very lame.

And I do hate Charlie Sheen, although I had a serious crush on him when he was in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." (I was only 16! Forgive me!)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Super awesome!
And I do hate Charlie Sheen, although I had a serious crush on him when he was in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." (I was only 16! Forgive me!)
Charlie Sheen did something valid? Had no idea. I would say I love to hate JLo and hate to love C.S. two and half times over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts