Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
After having similar problems, even after replacing sensors, my dealer ended up replacing the BCM (body control module) which is the unit that receives the radio transmission from the sensors (under warranty). It was not the first one they have had to do.

·
Registered
666 Posts
After having similar problems, even after replacing sensors, my dealer ended up replacing the BCM (body control module) which is the unit that receives the radio transmission from the sensors (under warranty). It was not the first one they have had to do.
I've had that replaced as well. Issue went away for about 2 weeks, and now it's no longer intermittent. Now it fails every single day. My car is scheduled to go into the shop for several maintenance items in the beginning of April while I am out of town, so hopefully this will get addressed.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I was just informed that there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for this specific issue. It turns out that there is a fix for this where they re-route the wiring to avoid the electrical interference.

·
Registered
852 Posts
EMI is a big issue with a lot of electronics these days. This doesn't surprise me. I wonder when this change broke into production.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the TPMS light is on, it means that the tire pressure is low. If the light is on and TPMS system is unavailble message apperas or the light flashes, it means that there is an issue with the system. If there is only one DTC for a pressure sensor, more than likely its just that sensor. If there is multiple DTCS, than its usually the TPMS module. If the module gets replaced, the service facility must set the front and rear tire pressure thresholds, otherwise the light will stay on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like I get to join the TPMS Unavailable club with my new 2013 Abarth. Problem started today with just over 700 miles on the clock. No TPMS issues with my old 2013 Sport with about 7500 miles on it or my 2012 Lounge with 5000 or so miles... (so far). Sounds like a trip to the dealer, yay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I brought it to the fiat dealership here in Toronto Canada. They had no idea how to fix it. I asked them to check the service bulletins and said that nothing showed up. Gotta go back but have a feeling they are going to be clueless again...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just informed that there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for this specific issue. It turns out that there is a fix for this where they re-route the wiring to avoid the electrical interference.
Would you be able to provide me any more information about this service bulletin? The guys here in Toronto Canada cant see to find anything

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found that TSB too for that issue, but thats not related to the problem we are having. I cant find the TSB we are looking for, must have been recently added

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well, this week it happened to me, too. My only issue in 19K miles with my 2012 Abarth.

Tire pressures are correct; original tires and wheels; warning light is intermittent. Have not contacted a dealer yet.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Last night driving home from work, the light flashed and then stayed on constantly. I checked and all for tire pressure readings were --.- so I planned a trip to the dealer on the way to work this morning. I started the car up and got the same behavior, then I noticed the light was out and the system seems to be functioning normally. My theory is that some sort of electromagnetic interference messed it up yesterday, and a complete reboot of the system allowed it to re-establish contact with the sensors. Or something.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
^ That's the way it starts. It will likely come back, and soon become permanent.

You're experiencing the start of t-PMS dysfunction... see your doctor right away.

·
Registered
852 Posts
So what's the cure? Do they have to replace the TPMS receiving unit or something?

And... you mean that when one sensor is going bad, all four sensors show readings of --.-?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I thought I'd check in. I'm having the same problem. It is very intermittent and sometimes lasts a few hours to a few days. I never have the time to take it in when it is happening though. Renee is having the same problems with hers. They are clueless. She even called FIAT customer service and they claimed ignorance of the problem.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
For a TPMS that doesn't communicate properly, as described above, I took my Abarth in soon after symptoms started happening (intermittently at first).

My service department swapped the faulty TPMS, easily correcting the issue.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts