Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Fiat sport in september, but now I am thinking of trading it in for a cabrio manual. In general I like the car,but the suspension on
the sport is harsh. I have the auto and i test drove the pop cabrio manual the other day and it had a lot more pep and softer ride.
The sales guy said since my credit is strong they would make me a good deal, but I am not sure how much money I would lose or is it even worth to do the trade.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
while having a cabrio would be nice, I prefer my Sport. the ride is a bit stiffer, I think, in part to the lower profile tires on the 16" alloys. I had installed a set of Michelin 205/50R16's and the ride is SOOOOOOO much better. makes a world of difference and I don't think I gave up much in handling either. the only downside is that it throws my speedo off about 5%, something that I take into consideration when calculating my MPG's.

so if you're considering trading simply because of the 'harsh ride', you might think about swapping out tires first.........JMO. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you foe the tip I didn't know that. I do love my sport also. Since I have the heated seats. I also liked the pep in the
manual and mine is auto.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Bah, if it's not much of a hit in price, get a cabrio, so much more fun in the sun. I saw a $2000 discount across all models here in Canada, plus free winter rims and tires which makes it a $3200 value that I could have saved if I waited a few months. Just look at your true needs when making your decision.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I wish they would make a cabrio sport. I like my powered sunroof on my loaded sport.

I think your going to loose you butt, on trading that car in. But you got to do what makes you happy. If that what you want. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Trading in a car this new is not a good idea. You will be taking a big loss and financing quite a bit of negative equity.

Bought my prima for 22800 cdn. Got a trade in appraisal at 14k. I laughed and walked out of the dealership

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You'll lose money, but we are not talking a $100,000 bath. If you can afford to lose up to 4k but will be happy, I say do it.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I just want to change my bumpers and I'll be even more happier. Sport or Abarth, hmmmm...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Aside from the automatic transmission (the stick isnt really faster, it just feels different BTW), wouldnt it be tons more economical to get a suspension change and new tires/rims than to loose 3-5k in trade? Plus you still have a cabrio

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just my two cents. This car makes for a great Cabrio. It is relatively quiet with the top all the way down and the cabin is pretty comfortable with the heat cranked up on cold nights. We love this car as a convertible. With the top up it does not have the squeals and squeaks that many convertibles do. The sunroof versions just don't compare in my opinion. As someone said earlier, thank goodness it is a $20k car and not a Bentley (or Camaro for that matter). If your pocketbook can handle it without grimacing, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The ride was too harsh? You must not have much experience in high-performance vehicles. Oh well, to each their own. If you know its going to be bothering you definitely make the trade. And a manual is sooo much better anyway :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
The ride was too harsh? You must not have much experience in high-performance vehicles.
I was going to say! The ride is so much more comfortable than my M Coupe. The Lounge must feel like a marshmallow is this is the sporty version...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts