Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster (convertible) that I had some really great driving experiences in including track days.

Not one single regret for the trade.

:)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Dodge Charger SRT-8

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got rid of my '09 Toyota Prius - which I disliked very much. Coming from a Hybrid car owner the hardest part of owning a Fiat is getting used to the significant decrease in mpgs. My Prius used to get roughly 40 mpg city/hwy and my Fiat is getting 18/20 mpg.

I used to fill up my Prius with gas once to twice a month. My Fiat is almost every week.

...but it's so fun and unconventional. Too many Toyotas in this world anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my Fiat is getting 18/20 mpg.
Do you have the automatic? and are you leaving the parking brake on?

I drive my 500 (manual) like its a raped ape and the lowest I've seen was high 20's.
I did the eco drive thing and it was sooo mad at me! Telling me how I accelerate too rapidly, and brake too hard, and change gear too high in the rev range!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Do you have the automatic? and are you leaving the parking brake on?

I drive my 500 (manual) like its a raped ape and the lowest I've seen was high 20's.
I did the eco drive thing and it was sooo mad at me! Telling me how I accelerate too rapidly, and brake too hard, and change gear too high in the rev range!
Really, still breaking mine in and I'm getting around 35

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Got rid of my '09 Toyota Prius - which I disliked very much. Coming from a Hybrid car owner the hardest part of owning a Fiat is getting used to the significant decrease in mpgs. My Prius used to get roughly 40 mpg city/hwy and my Fiat is getting 18/20 mpg.

I used to fill up my Prius with gas once to twice a month. My Fiat is almost every week.

The small gas tank makes me feel I fill the tank too often but I certainly get better MPG's than you are reporting. I too wonder if you have an auto or manual and how you are getting so much lower than anyone I have heard of thus far. :confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're not getting that great of mileage. I know that on my Pop manual shifting through the lower gears at lower revs has seemed to really help for me.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
65 Posts
I traded an 09 Chevy Aveo. It was a competent car, but uninspiring. I like the Fiat much better.

I'm averaging 40.9 mpg over 4,600 miles so far, mostly highway. If you're only getting 20, it sounds like a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Really, still breaking mine in and I'm getting around 35
That "low" figure is my worst. Overall I'm right around 34. Which is actual mileage based on gas in and miles out. aCar is a fantastic car app available for android btw.

I really really do drive it way too fast. If I am gentle on the car I have no problem getting an indicated 44. (I say indicated because I am not patient enough to drive like that for a whole tank to record actual mileage)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts