Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Fiat enthusiast in the US recently saw a trailer full of brand new Fiat 500's. The destination was unknown and there hasn't been any confirmation of a release date. Although this is very good news to hear. The colors he spotted were red and white, the rest were too much of a blur. There been a lot of people spotting the Fiat 500 out in the mid-west lately.

Here's the road they were traveling on.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The Mexican plant isnt due to commence assembly till December, I wonder if these are imports??? More testers???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Source of the "Trailer full of Fiat 500s"

Hi folks, I stumbled across this post so I thought I would fill you in.

The cars are evaluation models made in Poland. The last PT Cruiser rolls off the assembly line July 9th and then the factory will start to be fitted for 500 production.

I'll have some "inside" info coming soon, so keep an eye out.

In the meantime, you can read the full story here ;)

http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/2010/06/trailer-full-of-fiat-500s-spotted.html

Best regards, Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, that is awesome... um.. what does the FIAT 500 have to do with a PT cruiser? :(
He was saying how once the last PT cruiser rolls out of that particular factory they are going to start producing fiat 500's in that factory.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hopefully with more care then they made the PT cruisers with. They where nice to look at in the begining but anyone i knew who owned one grew tired of it pretty quickly.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Supposed to be for sale in December

The Mexican plant isnt due to commence assembly till December, I wonder if these are imports??? More testers???
The word so far has been that the 500 goes On Sale at the "end of 2010". That makes December 31st the maximum wiggle room for Chrysler/Fiat. This is smart marketing, since that time of year is usually a slow one at any dealership. This should light a fire if they catch on the way I think they will.

They are close to starting production on the motors, which will be made in Michigan. Prior to December you should see Fiat facilities going up at select Chrysler dealerships.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The word so far has been that the 500 goes On Sale at the "end of 2010". That makes December 31st the maximum wiggle room for Chrysler/Fiat. This is smart marketing, since that time of year is usually a slow one at any dealership. This should light a fire if they catch on the way I think they will.

They are close to starting production on the motors, which will be made in Michigan. Prior to December you should see Fiat facilities going up at select Chrysler dealerships.
It should be pretty soon. The last PT cruiser was made just a few days ago. Retrofitting of the production line to produce Fiat 500's should be underway already by now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts