Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
am new here and i need the advice of some expert because am facing a big problem with my upgrade
i own a 500 2012 model but i wanted to upgrade the car from manual to automatic tans.
bought the auto trans. and wiring and after connecting everything together the car starts but its like there is no transmission / no shifts of even the ecu seeing there is an auto transmission connected ?
any help ???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ohmigod Beso, My girlfriend wants me to do this to MY 2013 Pop! Before I bought it, she told me she could drive a manual, and may want to take it for a spin once I got it home. The first time she got in it, (passenger) she was like "What kind of transmission IS this?"
So, I kindly noted that it was a manual, and she should not be asking this question if she EVER wanted to drive it!

She said she "Could drive a manual. Like the VW bug used to have...but it didn't have that other pedal next to the brake"

So - she can basically drive an auto-stick, where you push the shifter around to change gears, but it's still an automatic.

Now she wants me to put an autimatic in my car so she can drive it.

So, Beso - how much have you spent so far to get the automatic and install it...plus the computer, which I agree with Smark - is a neseccary part of the equation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts