Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday my girl friend and i drove from oldwick NJ to our appartment in Vernon during the thick of the storm. The car did great. there were a couple of times i wasnt sure if we were going to make it. There are big hills on rt 15 is sparta and the car clawed her way up them. I can safely say The Fiat 500 is and extreamly capable car in the snow. Only casualty was a piece of plastic in front of the right rear wheel. appears to be just for aero dynamics or something. Our Fiat is a sport automatic in rame. Will post pics later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well yesterday my girl friend and i drove from oldwick NJ to our appartment in Vernon during the thick of the storm. The car did great. there were a couple of times i wasnt sure if we were going to make it. There are big hills on rt 15 is sparta and the car clawed her way up them. I can safely say The Fiat 500 is and extreamly capable car in the snow. Only casualty was a piece of plastic in front of the right rear wheel. appears to be just for aero dynamics or something. Our Fiat is a sport automatic in rame. Will post pics later.
Great news and well done! Did you have snow tires?

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
How many inches of snow? I have a sport too. Are you talking about the rocker panel trim piece, on the sport?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dw.metro. no i didnt have snow tires just the continentals that came on it.

Bladecutter. No sure exactly but i belive its due to how low the fiat is compared to some other cars and a chunk of snow.

smark. Well our journey home the snow started at about 4 inches and it progressively built up to 12 + in Vernon. and roads were not plowed at all and by the time we were heading home the compacted snow was getting flaky.

I found out that when you turn the ECS off its not actually off. driving home last night i had the ECS off and the tires slipped and the ECS light below the ECS off light was flashing. but the tires were spinning. its also alot of fun in the parking lot when you pull the ebrake the back end comes around fast. almost did a 180 doing 10 it was fun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive had continental conti pro contatcs on my 02 golf i used to have and they worked great for what they are. the pro contact is a favorite of mine works good in all seasnons.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had ContiProContacts on my '07 Nissan Altima 2.5S manual from the factory, and they were the worst tires in dealing with snow in my experience. Made me wonder if the Altima was just a horrible car in the snow.

When I swapped them out for a set of Goodyear Assurance TripleTred tires, the car was unbelievably better in the snow. Removed any doubts that I had about the Altima not being a good car in the snow.

BC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts