Fiat 500 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just have to pull the gun out of the tank a bit, if the sensor detects (by smelling) that the density of gas is high enough, the gun jumps.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This happened to me once. I just sort of shoved it (the nozzle) in and out and in and out and that was that. No problems since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is still happening to me, definitely a venting issue. I’ve found it a bit easier to fill the tank when it’s cooler weather or at night (I’m in Florida), I have to hold the nozzle as far out of the filler neck as possible or it constantly clicks off. Has anyone replaced the charcoal canister? Thanks!?!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is still happening to me, definitely a venting issue. I’ve found it a bit easier to fill the tank when it’s cooler weather or at night (I’m in Florida), I have to hold the nozzle as far out of the filler neck as possible or it constantly clicks off. Has anyone replaced the charcoal canister? Thanks!?!?
On another forum this solution worked for several people - I have not tried it yet as I just read it this morning - my car has the same problem filling with gas - try this :
Remove the two 16mm bolts on front of the rear seat and lift it. I did not remove it, just pushed it up. Take out the four screws holding the tank cover off, and pull it up. You will see the top of the gas tank valve assy. The big hose is the vent. Give the top a whack and see if it fixes it. Mine worked like a champ.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Roll over valve is stuck in the sealed position trapping air pressure in the tank. Rap on it as suggested. If this happens repeatedly due to being gummed up, keeping a full tank for a while might help cleanse it of what residue might be causing it to stick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On another forum this solution worked for several people - I have not tried it yet as I just read it this morning - my car has the same problem filling with gas - try this :
Remove the two 16mm bolts on front of the rear seat and lift it. I did not remove it, just pushed it up. Take out the four screws holding the tank cover off, and pull it up. You will see the top of the gas tank valve assy. The big hose is the vent. Give the top a whack and see if it fixes it. Mine worked like a champ.
My 2012 had the same problem. Your fix worked. I used a small rubber mallet all around te base a
nd a couple of taps on the tube assembly. Thank you!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts