Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2012 fiat 500 lounge, and recently I’ve had issues with the sunroof. One day I opened it fully and it wouldn’t close or even move. It was stuck in the fully open position, but when I hit the button I could hear something moving in the roof/headliner. I tried to do the calibration by holding the button down for 10 seconds or whatever it was but then my button only responds when I press it in the close direction. The motor makes a noise for about two seconds, stops for a few seconds then makes the same noise again. I feel like a cable snapped or something isn’t connected. I fear the calibration made my issue worse, also I already checked for the loose bolt that many recommended me to check on. I’ve done hours of research without seeing anything that resembles the issue I’m having. I really don’t want to bring it in to a mechanic because I feel they will rake me over the coals to fix it. Also all of the fiat studios in my area have closed so I don’t have many options for places to bring it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for reading!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I was able to physically push the sunroof closed. It felt like there was almost no resistance when I moved it back into place, I’m sure it wasn’t the best thing to do but I had to get it closed. I also tried the Allen key in the glove box but it doesn’t really seem to be doing much In terms of moving the sunroof manually.

·
Registered
Nor-Cal PRK
153 Posts
@Ryanlounge

Close it and "Carvana" it - problem solved and you get top dollar for what will surely be a huge headache.

Suggesting this easy out/one and done due to you writing in Post #1 that you don't want to be "raked over the coals".

HTH -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts