Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question or two about Fiat colors. The colors shown on the 500's on the Fiat USA configurator (http://www.fiatusa.com/en/build_your_own.html) don't look accurate to me - not even the white. (I've been in Italy three times since the 500 was released there, and have seen this car over and over again.) Does anyone know of an online portfolio with pics of these cars with accurate colors for the US market depicted?

Also, I'm sad that the color that I *think* is "punk grey" won't be available in the US (or perhaps anywhere going forward). Does anyone know if you can order custom colors that have been used previously? I'm guessing the answer is no, but thought I'd ask.
-katapaltes

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
The apparent color you see online is a function of the video card, software, and monitor you are using. The website is modeled after the Mini Cooper website. But you still have to go into the shop to find out what you would really be getting. For those of us buying early, it's a crap shoot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've heard about that from a graphics designer friend who told me about the importance of color-matching. That said, the punk grey and bianco perla look on the screen pretty much like what I saw in Italy repeatedly.

The other variable here is that they at the Fiat 500 USA "Configurator site" take one picture and then "spray" several fake colors on it, rather than taking pictures of actual cars, so that may throw it off even more. Some of the colors look odd, and I can't imagine that they really are that color. The metallic colors look no more reflective/shiny than the flat colors, and it seems like they should be (e.g. rosso vs. rosso brillante and bianco vs. bianco perla).

I guess I'll just go to youtube, because those are videos of actual cars, and hope the colors are the same if they have the same names. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts