Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trunk is not working, these three pieces fell off and I can't seem to open up the trunk and wondering any ideas how to repair it. Or even open the trunk.

thumbnail.jpg

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
The only thing I can think of. Put the rear seats down. Crawl back to the rear hatch. There are 4 plastic plugs holding on the interior trunk cover panel. Pull that panel off. You should be able to release the hatch to open. Your going to to need to replace the license hood handle.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The only thing I can think of. Put the rear seats down. Crawl back to the rear hatch. There are 4 plastic plugs holding on the interior trunk cover panel. Pull that panel off. You should be able to release the hatch to open. Your going to to need to replace the license hood handle.
Wasn't Tedolph planning to make this piece with rubber sandals and glue?

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
Is this more frequent for certain year models?
Hard to say. My hood and handle, was replaced under warranty. When Fiat went to the updated LED’s under the license hood. Never had a issues, with either designs. All I know, you will have to replace the whole unit. $124.00.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why are there so many posts about trunk locks? Could it be that people are slamming the trunks?

I remember some years ago when New York City taxis had signs inside the back doors that said "DO NOT SLAM THE DOOR." That's a fine motto for life.

Why do people slam doors? A good car door will close nice and easy. When I close the trunk on my 2017 Fiat 500, I lower it slowly, then press with the palm of my hand until it latches. The latch closes with a very quiet sound that says "snick." The proper closing of doors never involves inertia. Keep your hand on the door, and use the lowest amount of energy possible. Once you've ruined a latch mechanism by slamming it, slamming becomes the only option other than repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry, it did not notify me that someone responded. I did take the rear panel down, got the area exposed, but could not get the screwdriver in to pop it open

Following instructions at "manually open a 2010-2017 fiat 500 trunk/hatchback" on Youtube ( unable to post link )

Also in trying everything, I lost the spring. I had opened up the truck, and reached up to squeeze and pull down on the handle and it sort of fell off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts